• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help dieting my new beardie

Jacobroadrunner

Bearded Dragon Egg
*First time post so please let me know if I posted incorrectly*
Hello Everyone,
This is my Beardie Kermit, he is around 6 years old and is very overweight. Which I am willing to take full blame of. I knew he was getting a little chunky but didn't notice until about a week ago when I noticed dang he's really heavy.
I need help building a new diet program for him to lose all this unnecessary weight. I've read plenty of articles on weight loss for beardies but all seem to differ in instruction alot. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Jacob
20210920_193457.jpg

Attachments

• 20210920_193440.jpg
    20210920_193440.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210920_193449.jpg
    20210920_193449.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*First time post so please let me know if I posted incorrectly*
Hello Everyone,
This is my Beardie Kermit, he is around 6 years old and is very overweight. Which I am willing to take full blame of. I knew he was getting a little chunky but didn't notice until about a week ago when I noticed dang he's really heavy.
I need help building a new diet program for him to lose all this unnecessary weight. I've read plenty of articles on weight loss for beardies but all seem to differ in instruction alot. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Jacob
View attachment 29747
How much does Kermit weigh? If feeding worms like super wax or meal I would cut back on them focus on veggies salads are good - insects 2-3 times per week and get him out to exercise -- running around your LR or outside - that will get the weight off of him

Jacobroadrunner

Bearded Dragon Egg
How much does Kermit weigh? If feeding worms like super wax or meal I would cut back on them focus on veggies salads are good - insects 2-3 times per week and get him out to exercise -- running around your LR or outside - that will get the weight off of him
534 grams as of today
Will do, he is on superworms right now which now finding out is high in fat, would Dubia Roaches be a good alternative?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
534 grams as of today
Will do, he is on superworms right now which now finding out is high in fat, would Dubia Roaches be a good alternative?
Yes supers are considered treat worms - I would get him on dubias 2-3 times per week - salads focus on them - collards turnips kale mustard greens squashes what are you feeding for greens and other things?

Latest posts