• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
just wanted to introduce my self and my new baby. I just got him on saturday and he is doing well during his de-stressing period. I woke up this morning and checked on him and he started shedding, Is there anything i can do? I know it's to "early" to give him a bath, Seems to be only his tail and back legs currently.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
First off, welcome to the family. Some pics would be nice. How old? Normal?

Just let him handle it his self if hes destressing. I'm going through the same problem with a VERY shy little girl right now. Shes shedding and I don't want to bathe her every day cause she will go back to being super shy as soon after shes back in her home.

Is this your first beardie?

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, this is my first lizard of any sort, I'm normally a rodent person, But i want to try something different. I'm already in love with him/her... Still to young to sex.

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes we have been researching for well over a year ahead of time. I am still doing research as well. Can never learn enough!

I used to have Chinchillas. They all lived long happy healthy lives!

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good deal. Im sooooo glad you did your research and thank you for continuing your research! And youre right about never learning enough. I'm 2 weeks from finishing fire academy, then I start my 2 year in Fire sciences next semester, all while trying to do my research for breeding, better feeding , roach breeding, distribution, etc... If the dragon in your pic is your little guy you should be able to sex him/her and get a ball park guess as to what it is.

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah the little one in the pic is him/her. We have just been saying it's a boy. All our pets are boys... No idea how that happened. Good luck in your training and learning of everything!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Amanda,

WelcomeToTheForums.jpg

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think i know how to sex them.... But i am going to wait a few more days since he is still in the de-stressing period. Maybe next week sometime i will take a pic or two and see what we can find on him/her!

Hello Germ.

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
This forum and a few others helped me out a lot. I just googled Bearded Dragons and there is a wealth of info at your finger tips :)

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I do have a question tho, How can you tell what type of beardie it is? Or is there no way to know if you do not know the parents?

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's a boy! We looked last night, While I was cleaning his cage he crawled up my arm and snuggled on my shoulder. So I handled him a bit just to see if it was a boy or a girl. We have a boy!

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
True, but If i would not have googled, I would not have found this forum! Which this is where i have been doing most of my research :)

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum Amanda! Lizards make amazing pets! Especially for anyone that has allergies to animals like cats and dogs and things of that nature. Doesn't seem to be your case but just a general shout out about that. Any who, I have 2 leopard geckos of my own, and a bearded dragon. They're all so awesome and have such adorable personalities. And believe me, once you start to get to know your beardie, you'll begin to recognize it's pattern of personality. Jethro loves to be laid back for awhile, but when he gets bored, he lets me know that he wants out and I get him out of the tank for a little while so he can explore.

I can't wait for it to start warming up so I can take him on a trip to the local pet store soon! I think it would be great for him! When we first brought him home, he was just barely 6 inches from head to the end of his tail. That was back in August 2011. Now as of two weeks ago, he's a little over 15 inches! They grow super fast! It's also interesting to see what kind of foods they prefer. Jethro loves his crickets, and he absolutely loves turnip greens, butternut squash, occasionally collards will do, and he's beginning to accept mustard greens (he hated them at first). I try to change it up so he doesn't get used to just one item at a time.

I was afraid when we first got him, that he wouldn't want to eat veggies right away. It took him a week or two but he started getting used to them and has loved them ever since along with his crickets!

Glad to know you continue to do your research on them, that's always important! I'm still doing tons of research too and love to do research, because you get to learn new things all the time! :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
just wanted to introduce my self and my new baby. I just got him on saturday and he is doing well during his de-stressing period. I woke up this morning and checked on him and he started shedding, Is there anything i can do? I know it's to "early" to give him a bath, Seems to be only his tail and back legs currently.
Hi Amanda :). You can try misting him with a fine spray a couple times a day, but a bath would be best for him! Congrats on the little guy.

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been misting him, First couple of days i think it ticked him off, but now he is enjoying it a little. Tonight he actually bent his head down so the water would run down his face so he could lick it. That was very cute!! I have no idea how old he is, but he is about 6 to 8 inches long. Is there any way to tell what type of BD he is by looking at him?

Attachments

• drogo.jpg
    drogo.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 30

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No, the only way to be sure is if you know it's lineage background. The only thing that we could tell is, if it is a normal, silkback, leatherback, etc. All the rest are pretty much just names Breeders put on their individual stock, breeding line, most relating to colour & don't mean much anyway.

Latest posts