• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So this is Revvit. My son named him after a Netflix show called Dinotrux. He's 14" long and hiding... I'll get better pictures when he relaxes a bit.

Rafal

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome Revvit!!! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about you and your adventures!

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, needless to say the enclosure is a little small and will have to build something larger soon

Rafal

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks, needless to say the enclosure is a little small and will have to build something larger soon

Rafal

I kinda thought that when you mentioned how long he is! So you decided to not get a baby?

Do you know how old he is?

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
About 5 months... The store only had 1 baby left, and he was $150 because it a "fancy" bearded dragon... Was a little too much than I wanted to pay and this guy seemed most alert and active.

Rafal

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
About 5 months... The store only had 1 baby left, and he was $150 because it a "fancy" bearded dragon... Was a little too much than I wanted to pay and this guy seemed most alert and active.

Rafal

Aww now yours is older than mine! [emoji22] lol just joking!

My Wally is 17 weeks 145 grams and 14 inches long. I do weekly measurements and weigh in's on him but this week he had his vet check up appt so they weighed him.

Now you will have to make sure the temps aren't too hot as with the juvies they have to be lowered just a bit. Nothing over 100F

Just pay attention to where he sits, if he's not under the lights then you will need to adjust it.

Do you have a temp gun?

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, all of my temp readings that I have posted here were taken with a temp gun

Rafal

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
A little better picture of him, or maybe her. I haven't looked yet, figured give him a day or 2 to figure things out before I start handling him more.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Very nice markings! Very pretty!

Good idea to take it slow. Just a few minutes a day a few times a day until he gets used to his new forever home. Once he gets used to you, you will be waiting on him all day every day! Lol

It took about 2 weeks when I got Wally for him to get used to me but he was much younger than your beardie.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good looking beardie nice colors!

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the compliments... He is definitely an escape artist in the making. He's been trying to climb out of the enclosure for the past hour.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    851.5 KB · Views: 24

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks for the compliments... He is definitely an escape artist in the making. He's been trying to climb out of the enclosure for the past hour.

A few things that could be - 1) he's a bit nervous as he is in a new place for the very first time and all beardies go through stress relocation.
Or
2) the small enclosure - I just watched a video and read an article on small enclosures for beardies and they will scratch at the walls, glass, etc and long term they won't do as well in a small enclosure as they would in a big one.

But honestly I personally think it's stress relocation. You have to remember that this is all new to him. The smells, the people, the sounds, etc. Just take it slow and you will gain his trust and vice versa and in about 2 weeks he will be a different dragon. You will be amazed at how quickly they adapt and will love you.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He could also be just exploring or wants to come out and run around.. Boys are more active than the girls...my female is more than happy just chillin out but my male is always on the go..... so I make sure he gets some running around time in a room that we have that is safe in all aspects for not getting hurt..

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He only did it for about an hour last night before bed... He hides less now and hangs out more. Won't eat his veggies, I put a super worm in there today and he picked through the veggies to get the worm... He is eating crickets and the worms no problem, going to ween him off of the crickets soon though.

On a side note, I'll be building a 55 gallon soon, would the 24" UVB bulb be good enough for a 36" to 40" tank? Height wise the enclosure will be the same as this, just longer.

Rafal

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He only did it for about an hour last night before bed... He hides less now and hangs out more. Won't eat his veggies, I put a super worm in there today and he picked through the veggies to get the worm... He is eating crickets and the worms no problem, going to ween him off of the crickets soon though.

On a side note, I'll be building a 55 gallon soon, would the 24" UVB bulb be good enough for a 36" to 40" tank? Height wise the enclosure will be the same as this, just longer.

Rafal
You can't get too much UVB and you want it to overlap the basking and cover 2/3rds of the enclosure..If it were mine and I did originally have my female in a 55 I used the 24" (well 24" hood 22" bulb) and I thought it was kinda dark so I added another hood and her activity picked up.. She's in a 40 breeder still with the 2 hoods and she's more alert etc.. So I guess I'm saying more is better..

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So a little update. Seems like Revvit is doing fine. Goes to the bathroom. Started eating his greens ( still won't touch the squash, cactus, or any fruits, but the mustard greens he eats). He's getting ok with being handled. Had his first bath and freaked out, so I didn't keep him in there too long, but was ok when he was held. Definitely likes the worms ( gets Superworms, silkworms for now until Phoenix come in). Both worms being fed are about an 1" in length at the most.

Tried the droplets of water to see if he would drink, and had no luck even with the baby dropper. I did add a little carrot/apple juice I made for my son and tried that and he seemed to drink some of that from the dropper.

Planning on taking him next week to a vet just for a check up.

Already purchased materials for a larger enclosure. Waiting on the 48" UVB bulb to show up through mail. Now since this new enclosure will be about 50" in length and roughly 18 or 20 in width... With a 20" height, it would be about a 75 gallon tank, I can add a divider in there for now, until he keeps getting bigger so I'm not constantly working on making new enclosures Im not sure if just one UVB bulb will be enough. Because of the length I'm planning on using my current 75 watt basking bulb and also adding another 50 watt on the hot side to help heat it up, both will be on a dimmer to control temps.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is stunning!! glad to hear that things are improving that's great!!

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Can we tell if it's a male or female yet? Probably not the best pictures.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wrong view: go to a dark room lay them flat on a surface and GENTLY lift their tail up and backwards (***not too far or you can hurt them) then with a flashlight shine it from the top down at the base of their tail... if you see 2 ovals that's boy hemepenes if you see a single bump in the middle that's a girl.