• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello,hello, hello!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I love it! Everyone thought I was crazy last Halloween when I made Dexter a costume and entered her in all the pet contests I could! She was in the top 10 for Walgreens and won 1st place in store at Petco! Haven't decided what her costume is going to be this year. Might come up with a theme for her and Luci.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She was a mourning bride. I used a wedding dress made for a ferret and glued the wings and black lace to it and used velcro to close it around her belly. The veil was black lace glued onto velcro.
IMG_4495.jpg

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
She was a mourning bride. I used a wedding dress made for a ferret and glued the wings and black lace to it and used velcro to close it around her belly. The veil was black lace glued onto velcro.
View attachment 9046
Is this too cute or what!!!!
She is adorable all dressed up.
Oh, I can't wait!
WHile I have you here.....Smeagol is only 3 months, but he is still skiddish when I pick him up to love him. How old do you think he'll be before He actually let's me love him and hold him? He acts like a small child right now who is saying" let me down, I want to go and play"
I REALLY want to hold him and cuddle him:)
Also, how often do you think I should mist him. RIght now he is shedding on his tail.
Thanks ,
Liz

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She hated the whole outfit, especially the veil. She only wore it for photos. Once she was done with the photo shoot by the tree she completely crawled out of the dress!

Give your little precious some time. I think it took my boy Luci about 5 months before he actually let me hold him without being skittish and snuggle and fall asleep on me. He's now 8 months and will snuggle for a bit but won't sleep on me because he's too worried he's going to miss out on something. He'd much rather be running around the house than hanging out on mom. My girl Dexter was much different, she was a snuggler at the beginning. She's 19 months now and would rather sleep on the back of the couch close to me than snuggle on my shoulder.

They all have their own individual personalities.

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
View attachment 9061
She hated the whole outfit, especially the veil. She only wore it for photos. Once she was done with the photo shoot by the tree she completely crawled out of the dress!

Give your little precious some time. I think it took my boy Luci about 5 months before he actually let me hold him without being skittish and snuggle and fall asleep on me. He's now 8 months and will snuggle for a bit but won't sleep on me because he's too worried he's going to miss out on something. He'd much rather be running around the house than hanging out on mom. My girl Dexter was much different, she was a snuggler at the beginning. She's 19 months now and would rather sleep on the back of the couch close to me than snuggle on my shoulder.

They all have their own individual personalities.
Thank you soooo much Patsy. I just want to love him and cuddle him but don't want him to be frightened. He's so small and I don't want him to slip out of my hands either :( that would be a disaster with our cats around.
I can't wait until he's larger and then I can hold him, as you do with yours. I really think our cats will be afraid of him. They are all frightened of my birds. LOL scaredy cats LOL
Thanks again. Oh, do you have yours on a leash or do you let them run around the house? How do you control their poop? I'm just curious lol
Liz

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I usually block off the living room and let them run. We don't really have anything they would get stuck under. I take that back, Dexter got her fat head stuck in our sub woofer a few months ago! I have three cats, my oldest Isis is 15 and she loves laying with Dexter. Dexter likes my middle cat Cleo, even though Cleo could care less about her. My youngest cat Sasha is 11 and she is obsessed with Luci and will watch him run around the room but the minute Luci runs towards her she runs away!

I watch them all together to make sure nobody attacks anyone. Luci is a year younger than Dexter and will lick her as he run past her but he doesn't really realize what he could do with her. I've noticed though that Dexter really watches him and if she's on the floor and he's running around she will look for him and sometimes run towards him. So I always keep an eye on them.

As far as the poop, Luci only poops in his tank in the morning and Dexter only poops in the tub. I only had on incidence with Luci where he pooped on me, which was okay as long as it wasn't the rug!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lucky you Patsy! I've had on a throw on the back of the sofa, once on a pillow, carpet multiple times, and once on me – and she held nothing back! Bissell makes a carpet cleaner that works quite well. Got it at Petsmart.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Mune beardies take tuens in the hall where i can shut the doors n they cam have a free rrun n they luv it n i dnt hqve to worry bout loosing them hehe. usually Diego has first run coz hes active in the moenin Boris like a nice cuddle. Then Diego gets a cuddle after dinner and Boris has a run( he not quite figured out he cnt run through the doors yet) then thwy both get snuggpe time b4 bed :) happy days :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@Canicke we have that carpet cleaner. With 3 cats one of them is always throwing up somewhere. When Dexter was smaller and used to poop in her tank, I would have her out she would all the sudden get this panicked look to her. That was my cue to put her back so she could poop!

@diegothediggy Luci does the same thing with the doors! He runs full speed into them, he reminds me of the kids car that turns and goes another direction when it hits the wall. That's why the tip of Luci's nose is always going to be darker because he runs into everything!

Latest posts