• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello,hello, hello!

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
My name is Liz. I'm 70 years old and I recently bought a 2 month old beardie. I've never had one but have wanted one for many years. I finally got brave and told my grown children I wanted a beardie( I thought they'd think at my age I'd totally lost it) so, they bought my Smeagol for me as a birthday gift.
I have 5 parrots, and 3 large dogs but could have never imagined how much I would enjoy my little Smeagol( Yes, named after Gollum on the Hobbit, but the sweet personality side) Smeagol is definitely "My Precious"
Smeagol is now 11 weeks old and is over 11 inches and thriving each day.He loves his crickets and greens and drinks from his water dish. I have his viv our living room where he can enjoy T.V and our animals. He sits and watches them or, yeh, and his pet fish(we have an aquarium next to his home. He is mesmerized by his new pets LOl
I'm happy I found this forum!
Liz

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw wot a lovely story well congrats on ur little 1 and glad to hear he doin gud wud love to c a pic :)

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
yes,isn't it great? It even has a tunnel underneath for him to crawl under.We live in Goldrush country in Calif. in the mountains so we found that great log in the mountains the other day. I brought it home and boiled it before putting it in his home.
I just went to feed him and all of the crickets are dead except 4 and they don't look all that healthy. SO.....I made a cricket home to feed Smeagol. LOL I have the cricket home decorated now. lol WE just bought the crickets and paid 10 cents each for them. I just hate to waste 3.95 on them.
Haha, now I'm raising Smeagol and crickets to feed Smeagol LOL The background to Smeagols home is a large stained glass piece we had. Makes a perfect background I think:)

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Nice dragon and welcome. My dragons hate my roommates fish.......mostly because the chinese water dragons swim with them whenever they are out.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Never to aged to get a new pet..... Beardies are very easy and make great pets.

Your setup looks nice and a beautiful beardie........ But. What type of substrate r u using? To me looked like calcium sand.....

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome aboard! thanks for joining the community - I hope you feel right at home here!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club

Your setup looks nice and a beautiful beardie........ But. What type of substrate r u using? To me looked like calcium sand.....
I thought the same bout the sand :(

If it is calci sand get rid asap :)

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg

No, sand....I read about it and threw it out,but ONLY after it had died Smeagols tail! Isn't that terrible? Anyway, WE went and bought some tile and had it cut at Lowes. Now, it's easy to clean and looks great and I don't worry about my baby eating it.One of those pics were from before when I had the sand. My ipad photos are full of Smeagol LOL I have more of him than I do my children or grandchildren hahahaha
Yes, Aged..I like that! :)

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Now seriously, can you say this isn't just the cutest thing yo've ever seen? Although I'm quite sure my baby dogs would rather be ANYPLACE but there when I took this picture LOLhahahaha
I tell you, to say young a person MUST surround themselves with animals. Its the only way. I'm 70, 5'6" and weigh 135, my doctor is convinced my babies...all of them, are keeping me fit and trim. I take no medication. I get sooo much exercise just taking care of all of our animals. Plus their love ...I can't explain. Well, I'm sure you understand.:)
image.jpg

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Now seriously, can you say this isn't just the cutest thing yo've ever seen? Although I'm quite sure my baby dogs would rather be ANYPLACE but there when I took this picture LOLhahahaha
I tell you, to say young a person MUST surround themselves with animals. Its the only way. I'm 70, 5'6" and weigh 135, my doctor is convinced my babies...all of them, are keeping me fit and trim. I take no medication. I get sooo much exercise just taking care of all of our animals. Plus their love ...I can't explain. Well, I'm sure you understand.:)
View attachment 9033
I can............

But I'd be lieing lol

Very cute picture

schmiliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
hahahaha...my husband thinks It's disgusting to dress my babies this way and especially for the front of our Christmas Cards LOL
ahhhhh, wait til my little Precious Smeagol gets bigger...I have BIG plans for his wardrobe LOL
I sew and that even makes it better for his outfits. Picture this,going to the store,holding Smeagol and him(or her,since I REALLY don't know for sure what sex) dressed up LOL
People will REALLY think I've lost it or am one eccentric old woman hahahahahaha
Oh, ys, his feet turned pink! it's from that yukcy Vita Sand I put in his cage when I first got him. Thank goodness I read a lot and found out it's bad for him ad took it out soon after I got him. Now he has the tile and it's great!
Liz

Latest posts