• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
I'm not sure exactly, she just stopped eating.. And she died.
That's so horrible to go through! I'm so sorry! We had that happen with one of our first two when they were babies and that's what actually led me to find the forum. We were first time owners and I had no idea what to do! I tried everything I could find to help him but he just slowly stopped eating and eventually passed away. I was totally heart-broken! I went through all the coulda, shoulda, woulda's and was terrified for a long time that we would lose Spike too but thankfully he kept growing healthy and strong and throughout the process I have learned a lot about caring for him and our newer girl Bellatrix. Hang in there. I'm so sorry for your loss! :(

toothlessandpuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's so horrible to go through! I'm so sorry! We had that happen with one of our first two when they were babies and that's what actually led me to find the forum. We were first time owners and I had no idea what to do! I tried everything I could find to help him but he just slowly stopped eating and eventually passed away. I was totally heart-broken! I went through all the coulda, shoulda, woulda's and was terrified for a long time that we would lose Spike too but thankfully he kept growing healthy and strong and throughout the process I have learned a lot about caring for him and our newer girl Bellatrix. Hang in there. I'm so sorry for your loss! :(

Thank you! :) I'm learning as well, when she stopped eating, I just felt so bad for her..
I have toothless, and he seems to be kinda lonely. He will run to the spot where she would lay, and then run back to his spot.. Is he lonely? Should I get him a friend?

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would not get a friend unless you want to set up a separate tank for the other in a few months time. They are quite happy as solitary animals.

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you! :) I'm learning as well, when she stopped eating, I just felt so bad for her..
I have toothless, and he seems to be kinda lonely. He will run to the spot where she would lay, and then run back to his spot.. Is he lonely? Should I get him a friend?
It's hard to know what they're thinking! I know some people manage to have dragons that cohabitate successfully, but anytime you do, you take the risk that one will thrive and one will not. One will become dominant and will eat and grow well while the other will take a back seat. We had our first two cohabitating but after losing our little guy, I was always scared to take that risk again. When we got our girl I made sure she had her own tank. Spike and Bell are in the same room and frequently can be seen waving at each other. They also enjoy sun bathing on a window seat together and playing in the bath together too, but after that they go back in their separate vivs and continue waving from across the room! Lol! I think a lot of times we're really the ones that are feeling lonely over the loss! It's so hard to lose them! I'd say if you get a new one, get one for you- after all, you are the one to take care of him/her!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry about puff :( RIP
I concur that beardies do fine as solitary animals. I wouldn't get another unless you're ready to keep them in separate cages.

Latest posts