• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone

toothlessandpuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410923832.144586.jpg

I'm a first time bearded dragon owner.. I have a male and a female. The male's name is Toothless and female's name is Puff.
I'm not sure what type of dragon they are, except I think Puff is a leatherback.
I got them from Scott Smith's All Animal Expo in Wheaton, IL, about a month ago Sunday.

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Welcome! You'll be needing a second cage, as they will likely mate when they get older or they might not get along and you could end up with an injured beardie :( they're okay for now, but definitely get them each a 40gal breeder at the minimum to keep em happy and give em lots of space!

And granted you do want to breed them, the cost of breeding will require a lot more money and hopefully you have a feeder colony ready for the babies. You'll have to separate them after breeding as well or the male might try to mate with her while she's trying to recover.

But as I said! Welcome! They're adorable little guys :)

toothlessandpuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well thank you. I really wish the breeder had told me that before I got a male and a female, she told me that they would breed but not that they would need a separate cage. About what age do they start breeding?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Usually the male is ready at year one with the female at 2. They can earlier but it's not safe

Mine are reaching those ages and starting to give each other the googly eyes :p Luci looks over at Dexter from his end of the couch with the "how you doin?" look and Dexter looks at me with the "OMG, mom he's looking at ME" look LOL!

toothlessandpuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ten?! I love it! We're taking the kids to the reptile expo coming to Phoenix in Nov and I already told my hubby he better be prepared for another one! He just laughed at me... I don't think he took me seriously!
I went to the expo here in Wheaton and I'm really surprised I didn't come home with another dragon.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's why I'm glad I don't drive and the expos are too hard to get there by train! We go to Reptile Fest at UIC in April. It's just a meet and greet, nothing being sold.

Latest posts