• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey there! My name is Alex. I am from the southern states of the US and have recently come to love little reptiles. I am still not too crazy about snakes but lizards I don't mind. I got a little Leopard Gecko at the 1st of May. His name is Merlin. I had him in a 10 gallon, but now he is in a 20 gallon long and I just adore him. Well I have since become very interested in getting a bearded dragon. I am doing lots of research to make sure the little one will have the right set up. Unfortunately the PetCo in my area only has babies. Which is good and bad I suppose. I was told that I could use my 10 gallon for a few months with a baby beardie till I can get a bigger home for it. One question of many that I have though is, can you put babies on tiles? I put Merlin on tiles and he has loved it so far. I ask because I have left overs that may fill the 10 gallon.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcme to the Forum and yes tile is good

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! tile is excellent choice but as housing it a 10g isn't a good idea you need a basking area 110 and you want the cool side around 80. A 10g tank is hard to do this and wont give him a cool side to cool off if it needs too IMO

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ahh well I guess I will see about getting a 20 gallon but not sure where I could put it exactly. Guess I will look around. I may be getting my beardie when I come home from my trip :)

Latest posts