• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Helios' enclosure for now

Seiryu

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here is how I have Helios' enclosure set up. It's a 75 gallon (4 x 1.5 ft). This Summer/Fall I'll have his custom build 5x2x2 ft enclosure done.
100_0009.jpg

It's slate tile flooring. With 2 cinderblock hides. It also has driftwood that I personally found at the local river, power washed and sanded.
000_0007-5.jpg

Look at the size difference in the 2 pictures wow. He's so much bigger now.

Since the room he is in, is always a constant 70-75 degrees, I don't need to adjust his heat, since his basking spot is always 105 F. I had to make the lid cat proof haha. The fixture itself isn't screwed down. I just put 4 screws around it, to prevent it from moving. I cut a hole, barely smaller than the dome of the fixture, so the lights directly hit him. I use a Repti-Sun 10.0 in the 48" fixture.
100_0006.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice setup! I like the locally harvested wood! Pet stores and the like can charge an arm and a leg for that kind of stuff!

Seiryu

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes they can. Pieces like this are about $50-100. Craziness. I always thought about going out and getting some to sell myself for like 1/4 the price. But not enough people would be interested I'm sure.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hahah - I've thought the same thing about going out to get manzanita bushes for bird perches and stuff. It's probably not worth all the effort and gas money

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A male is best alone not even able to see another Dragon he can stress out and stop eating . That is just my opinion