• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating

stumpy skye

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi folks myself and stumpy were wondering if any one could help us with what wattage of ceramic heater we can put in his vivarium? Oh its a 35gallon but will be moving to his new penthouse of 70/80 gallon soon hopefully, cheers Derek & stumpy

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Is use around 40 watt to syart with n chack ur temps its quite hard to get ur temps just rite ur baskin area.needs to b at least 6 inchs from the light.

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have 2 75w. For 2 basking areas they are on dimmers and usually stay around 1/3 of the way from off it keeps the basking spot at 98-100.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yep thats gud. Do they uave a cooler area aswel so if they get too warm they have somewhere to cool dwn. U want that area around 80. :)

stumpy skye

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am managing to get the cool side to stay about 80 ish but the quicker I get the new viv done the better both our stress levels:O

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hehe i no it can b stressful but just remember it is quite hard to get temps rite so dnt worry bout it.

stumpy skye

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just a quick up date, looks like we are getting temps sorted out, stumpy is eating and pooping a lot better and has a lot more energy, boy is he fast :), thanks for the help guys, Del & Stumpy

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I would recommend sticking with light as a heat source over both the UTH and the ceramic. These are light loving animals and most enclosures are kept too dark, with limited UVA exposure. Is it night time heat you were looking for with the ceramic?

stumpy skye

Bearded Dragon Egg
Stumpy new viv has a ceramic, a day spot for basking and a uv tube and temps are good and he loves it, will try and upload some photos soon...

stumpy skye

Bearded Dragon Egg
uploadfromtaptalk1401971705120.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401971705120.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401971723026.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401971723026.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 32

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Please get rid of that dial thermometer..... They are JUNK and DO NOT read temps properly.....

Get two of these.....
uploadfromtaptalk1401984330445.jpg

One should be placed directly under basking bulb at highest point your beardie can get.

The other should be placed other side of viv to monitor cool side temps..........

You should also get a hydrometer and place in the center of your viv to monitor humidity.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My boyfriend smokes cigars and he used to get these little digital gauges that kept track of the humidity in his humidor. I used to steal them to keep track of the humidity in my tanks, they were pretty accurate and cheap!

vince-n-tasha

Bearded Dragon Egg
I cant seem to get my temp in his tank higher then 90 i have to basking lights one 55 watts and one 75 watts please help:(

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Are you saying that you cant get the basking spot over 90 or the whole enclosure?
You do want the basking spot to be 105-110 ideally but then you want the temp on the cool side in the mid to low 80s.

I also dont understand why you have two basking lights? You only need one right over the basking spot.
A pic of the setup would be helpful.

vince-n-tasha

Bearded Dragon Egg
Because with one basking light i only get the temp up to 80 so when i have both it gets right at 90the cool side is at 77 to about 80 i don't kno what else to do tried to use different light but cant get it hotter then 90

Latest posts