• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He arrived this morning

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Defensive.... bitey?? How cool, I’m gona have a little look on YouTube at them! He really is a pretty lizard, it’s really cool that’s he accepts you now. Rub his mouth.... surely your asking for it lol.
Most of them haven’t been hand “tamed” that’s why they get that label, they’re known as one of the only geckos to stand its ground in a fight, I personally think they’re sweet hearts, most of them mate for life, the males heavily help with raising and protecting the babies, i think they’re misunderstood, my guy is big enough if he bit me , it wouldn’t be fun, tbh though id rather get bit by him than a bearded dragon, the gecko will bite, but it’ll be a clean bite , they have hundreds of tiny needle teeth, but dragons have large recurved teeth and actually have a mild venom, Crazy huh…. :eek:

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Most of them haven’t been hand “tamed” that’s why they get that label, they’re known as one of the only geckos to stand its ground in a fight, I personally think they’re sweet hearts, most of them mate for life, the males heavily help with raising and protecting the babies, i think they’re misunderstood, my guy is big enough if he bit me , it wouldn’t be fun, tbh though id rather get bit by him than a bearded dragon, the gecko will bite, but it’ll be a clean bite , they have hundreds of tiny needle teeth, but dragons have large recurved teeth and actually have a mild venom, Crazy huh…. :eek:
He really is a handsome little fellow and how cute they mate for life, will you get him a mate? I love how they stick to glass/surfaces, great climbers!
That points me to my next question, does a beardie bite hurt?

I’ve had a good day with him today, he’s let me hold him a few times and his head started shedding so he was rubbing his face on me, I gave him a little stroke and he closed his eyes, he is such a cutie.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He really is a handsome little fellow and how cute they mate for life, will you get him a mate? I love how they stick to glass/surfaces, great climbers!
That points me to my next question, does a beardie bite hurt?

I’ve had a good day with him today, he’s let me hold him a few times and his head started shedding so he was rubbing his face on me, I gave him a little stroke and he closed his eyes, he is such a cutie.
I dont think i will get him a mate, unless i “rescue” one lol , and yes it does hurt, they’re more flight than fight though, if u look at this picture u can see the back teeth are slanted and spear like.

Attachments

• 82AD2790-5882-4FC2-B2DC-A4F0E1880049.jpeg
    82AD2790-5882-4FC2-B2DC-A4F0E1880049.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 6