• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hatchlings

Pat B

Super Moderator
Got some First Sheds beginning :D
icon_thumright-1.gif
That didn't take long! How old are the little boogers....nice poop! Did you wash it off?? :D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Approximately 9 out of the 13 take right to their greens already, every day one or 2 more seem to check them out by example. I put the greens in the enclosure in the morning, a couple hours prior to feeding their first prey feeding, and one or two scoot right over, then a few more follow suit, it is the same in both enclosures.
icon_thumright-1.gif
:D .
As much as I really didn't want to, I have found a privately owned Pet Store that upon checking their store out, seem to keep at least their BDs well. They will take the 5 or 6 that I will not be keeping myself or have not already found good homes for. They have agreed on a decent store credit in exchange for them, which will be quite helpful in covering the extra UVB bulbs & furnishings that I will need once I get them all in their own enclosures. I will be keeping them for another few weeks yet, to be sure they have a good start.
icon_thumright-1.gif
At 3 weeks I have one just under 6" long already, most of the rest are not far behind, I really find it hard to believe their size for their age, but there they are in front of me ;) . I guess it is not that hard to believe considering most of them were hatched at 4.25" - 4.5". Really only 2 smaller ones, that I definitely will be keeping one of, if not both for myself, it is looking like the colors will be quite nice once they get older. I have one, the largest one, that has completed a full body & tail shed so far, very little color change with this shed though. Just a nice shiny new suit :D.
Update done, would have posted some more pics, but the Wife is out of town with the Camera for the weekend.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I gave them all a bath yesterday to help the ones in shed or about to & hydrate them. Today, I was giving them a misting & thought that I would have a look. It is quite early to be 100% sure, but to my surprise, in good lighting, the differences appeared to be quite clear. Again it is very early to tell for sure, but with close examination, all indications by visually checking them, are pointing towards 7 females & 6 males.

Mungi's World

Hatchling Dragon
That's really AWESOME, Mr Germ!! Ya know,Buddha has been talkin about maybe findin me.a girlfriend...I told him that would be very cool...or he could just give me.a few extra crickets instead! ;-D bwahahaha (big beardie belly laugh)

Sent via my HTC Rezound; Ineffabilis Deus, S-OFF using Tapatalk2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I Cleaned up Demon's old 90 & put what I think to be my 7 girls into it, divided what I think to be the Boys, 3 each in the smaller enclosures.

The girls in their new temp home,
Hatchlings90004.jpg

Hatchlings90005.jpg

Sleep time ...
Hatchlings90017.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wave City around here today for some reason, in all the enclosures. And me without my good camera. I tried to grab some vids with my old messed up Camera, but the quality was so bad, they are not worth posting. A shame too, had some dandy shots with several waving simultaneously. But got a few poor quality pics that are worth posting. They are mostly of 'Poop'head waving but a couple of shots of others too.
Beardie Wave 006.jpg
Beardie Wave 008.jpg
Beardie Wave 009.jpg
Beardie Wave 011.jpg
Beardie Wave 012.jpg
Beardie Wave 014.jpg
Beardie Wave 016.jpg
Beardie Wave 017.jpg
Beardie Wave 018.jpg
Beardie Wave 019.jpg
Beardie Wave 023.jpg
Beardie Wave 024.jpg

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
More great pics,Germ...thanks for sharin! Enjoyin watchin them grow...so fast! Btw great angle on the shots...almost looks as if you stumbled onto these babies in the wild;)

Sent via my HTC Rezound; Ineffabilis Deus Rom, S-OFF using Tapatalk2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think these guys are living proof of the benefits of a well gutloaded roach diet over other feeders ...

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think mine were 9" at about 2 months. Didn't measure them before that.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have only had 3 from Babies, Drago, Nitro & Demon, from professional breeders. I acquired all 3 at 6-7 weeks old & not one was a full 6" when I acquired them. So to me, these guys are doing phenomenal ;) .

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think the difference is both of us actually fed them what we were supposed to instead of half starving them like most pet stores probably do. Oh, I could be wrong, coulda been 8"... I think I posted it somewhere.

In addition, it is phenomenal! Your little guys are growing so quick. It only seems like yesterday when they hatched and they're already getting so big.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A lot of the measurement is tail. It's hard to measure without it.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
it is only the tip so i dont have any idea how much but....meh...he is looking good...
Different BD's also grow at different rates given the same proper environments. It's hard to tell. Could be genetics too.

Latest posts