• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hand wave

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Does anyone know what the hand wave is about in dragons. Is it a sign of submission, dominance? Does anyone know for sure.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
From memory, l'm sure l was reading somewhere that it's both submission and part of a mating thingy.. from memory ( just remember that memory sometimes plays tricks as yo get older);)

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From memory, l'm sure l was reading somewhere that it's both submission and part of a mating thingy.. from memory ( just remember that memory sometimes plays tricks as yo get older);)
yep it is for both

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So in younger dragons id asume its just submission then.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
sorry l can't answer that one... am totally new to dragons (adopted my firt 3 weeks ago) and as yet my little Yoda hasn' waved

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
lol well i have so many tanks stacked next to each other they an see each other so that's why i was asking when a bigger one comes up to the smaller one it starts waving so i figured it was a submissive action. I havent seen it in my breeders so didnt relize it was involved in mateing also.

Carmil07

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My littlte one(Loki) was doing this and bopping when we had him out and he spotted my bigger one (Monty) in his viv, wondered what it was all about so searched google.
It's just them saying 'I don't want no trouble' from what I read :D

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
do they hand wave vertically or horzontally, do they head bob back and forth up and down or side to side?????

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine is a lone male and I haven't seen him wave yet. But a few days ago I saw him head bobbing to his own reflection in the glass. It was hilarious!!

Latest posts