• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GUTTED

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well...I just had this whole thing typed out and lost it. K...here goes again!

Hey Inky....I haven't posted on this thread until now because you were getting so much information from the others, I didn't want to overwhelm you even more than you were. Got a few things to say now.

Yes, the information you are getting is correct. Two beardies, ESPECIALLY males should never be housed together. What you have to understand is that most of us on here have been doing this for a lot of years. Some have more experience than others, but we have all been around. Unfortunately we have seen the worst of beardies being housed together...and it is not pretty. Many owners with all good intentions will say "I'll watch". Well..it only takes a second for one beardie to attach another. Many times the damage is so severe death would have been better.

That said, unfortunately when you are on a forum there are many different personalities. Some will give information in a "motherly" fashion, others in a straight forward, others are brutally honest and sometimes that can seem overly harsh or demeaning. See much of the problem is this....on forums you can's see a person's face or hear inflection in their voice. What they are typing might seem totally fine in their eye/mind, but when read by you or another it can sound totally different.

My suggestion is this...I did this when I was new on forums and it really helped. I picked 2 or 3 of the people that I totally trusted on the forum. The ones that you know you can count on to help you when needed. Take their information and use that and skip over the others. This really helped until I was at the point where I at least had an idea of what was going on. Once you start to pick up the information, then you can bring in all the other posts into the mix.

Just remember, this is all overwhelming. Between the temps, substrate, food, and learning that the two guys need to be separated, it is a lot of information. We have all been there. Some a lot longer ago, but we have.

Latest posts