• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growing so fast

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
AC6ED4E6-4A95-44BE-B554-7A68FCECAE46.jpeg
She still looks good

Attachments

• 70ECEC18-1204-4517-B362-4BD54FDE6986.jpeg
    70ECEC18-1204-4517-B362-4BD54FDE6986.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should we turn off the ceramic heater during the day now?
Did we go over the UVB for placement and distance for your screen ? If not we need to do that now-- you should be using your CHE for heat at night if you need it -- 65-75 are good nite time temps -- your basking bulb should be keeping your surface basking temps to what they need to be -- how is the poop ? can you post a pic of it please

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Poop is fine, solid with white urate. Yeah bulb and screens are good. The basking spot is lit with a basking bulb and Che. There is another basking area that’s just a bulb and in the high 80’s. Che is on 24 hours

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poop is fine, solid with white urate. Yeah bulb and screens are good. The basking spot is lit with a basking bulb and Che. There is another basking area that’s just a bulb and in the high 80’s. Che is on 24 hours
Get your night time temps - check them in the morning before lights on- is she basking at all and if so for how long?

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Get your night time temps - check them in the morning before lights on- is she basking at all and if so for how long?
She was basking after she ate for a bit but we had to put a dubia in her cave to get her out to eat

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did she come out ? As long as she's basking and eating and pooping she's good-
She was basking after she ate for a bit but we had to put a dubia in her cave to get her out to eat

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah she came out to eat. I was just wondering if sleeping a lot was normal. Maybe growing dragon? She never used to sleep all day

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah she came out to eat. I was just wondering if sleeping a lot was normal. Maybe growing dragon? She never used to sleep all day
Could be the weather -- makes them more lazy -- if shes shedding shes growing -- you just want her doing what I posted above -- if any of this goes off par then be concerned - what all is she eating?

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Some kale and squash, although she’s been not eating a lot of it. Bsfl, dubia and hornworms

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some kale and squash, although she’s been not eating a lot of it. Bsfl, dubia and hornworms
Shes got a good diet-- you can get a weight on her kitchen food scale - weigh in grams -- watch her weight see if shes losing it - I would think not w/ her eating -- do you have the nutrition website -- it will give other ideas of what to feed -- fruit but occasionally-- it has a lot of sugar content -- most love blueberries

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Shes got a good diet-- you can get a weight on her kitchen food scale - weigh in grams -- watch her weight see if shes losing it - I would think not w/ her eating -- do you have the nutrition website -- it will give other ideas of what to feed -- fruit but occasionally-- it has a lot of sugar content -- most love blueberries
We’ve tried a lot of different fruits and she’s not excited by them. Lol. Bananas mangoes strawberries watermelons. And yea I have the nutritional website. Maybe we should switch up her kale for something else

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We’ve tried a lot of different fruits and she’s not excited by them. Lol. Bananas mangoes strawberries watermelons. And yea I have the nutritional website. Maybe we should switch up her kale for something else
Yes or you can mix greens that's what I do turnip/collard - collard/kale etc -- not a fan of mustard mine do not last like the other greens- arugula is good dandelion greens-

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Very well actually. Thank you. She does sleep a lot though. Still eating a lot of roaches, have to figure out how to wean her onto more veggies. She eats collard greens but that’s it
I've been putting butter nut squash and red peppers on Murphy's. Also you can get bee pollen powder and offer that once in a while. He loves it!!!

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
I've been putting butter nut squash and red peppers on Murphy's. Also you can get bee pollen powder and offer that once in a while. He loves it!!!
Ok so our dragon is 10 months old now. Should we still be offering her roaches every day? We are trying to get her to eat more veggies, which she is doing better. But she definitely still eats more bugs and will hunger strike if she doesn’t get any lol. Can someone give me advice on how to switch to more veggies? She eats her collard greens, mustard greens and cucumbers. Just started devouring strawberries but I know she can’t have much of that . Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so our dragon is 10 months old now. Should we still be offering her roaches every day? We are trying to get her to eat more veggies, which she is doing better. But she definitely still eats more bugs and will hunger strike if she doesn’t get any lol. Can someone give me advice on how to switch to more veggies? She eats her collard greens, mustard greens and cucumbers. Just started devouring strawberries but I know she can’t have much of that . Thanks
Its good shes eating her greens too - at 10 months she still needs insects every day till 1 year old - then it will go to 2-3 times per week - are you using the T 5 UVB bulb?

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Its good shes eating her greens too - at 10 months she still needs insects every day till 1 year old - then it will go to 2-3 times per week - are you using the T 5 UVB bulb?
Yes probably gonna replace the bulb soon