• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gross Poop Question

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry for asking but Yoda went a few days without eating so therefore there was no poop. Today he has done one and it has a large white hard part thats in a line in. Is this normal ?

Sarah26

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's perfectly normal. That white stuff is the urates, aka piss, so nothing to worry about:0)

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gobi grossed out my niece yesterday with it. ;)

She asked what it was and I told her lizard pee and she about turned green like the poop. lol

Now, try watching a 7-foot Python take a dump and see that white stuff come out. ICK! It went potty at the pet store in front of me and the kids and my youngest yells (for ALL to hear)..."Look Mama!! The snake poops just like Gobi. But...that's a whoooooole lot more poopies out it's butt!".

Yeah. That was exciting. About as much as watching a snake take a dump.

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
aha, i was wondering about this and now i know its okay! and i've watched lily and rose eat, after lily eats she looks at us, kind've moves and lifts her tail and boom! all her poop comes out! lol

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lizardlover is dead on as long as it's white you are in good shape if I remember right it is uric acid that is formed in the intestines along with other waste products that have had all the water absorbed out of it and is basically urine. It is a good idea to check them often as if it changes color it can mean different thing such as breeding time dehydration kidney problems or parasites.

I read a good article on this years back going to see if I can find it.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hahah Eric, same here. I was cleaning the enclosure everyday because it just goes thru the papertowel and newspaper BUT l have found a cure!!!! I no longer have to clean the tank from top to bottom. Yoda seems to poop near his food dish, so in my wisdom l have now cut up a thin placemat and placed it underneather the food dish, with papertowel ontop. Now when he poops it's all contained. All i do is remove the placemat and papertowel. Disinfect the placemat and replace. woohoo (of course this is a short fix and l do the whole lot on the weekend, just this way l'm removing basically when he does it and the tank look and smell fresh and not poopy..

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep! They are the types that go where THEY want, not where YOU want them to..lol! Gobi HATES pooping in his cage. He only does it if EXTREMELY desperate. Otherwise, it's my (hardwood) floors, the dining room carpet or the back of my couch (even with towels laid out across the SEATS of the couch, where I initially set him after retrieving from his vivarium).