• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Green Poop??

Bryce Anthony

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I learned to stay away from the iceberg lettuce from a book I bought when I first got her. So I'd been giving her romaine. It failed to tell me how little romaine lettuce was going to do for her. At least I know now.

While we're discussing nutrition, I might as well check worms with you guys. What do you recommend for a juvenile? I've been feeding her superworms. She gets so excited when she sees them that I use them to convince her to hop on my arm. She still gets a little nervous when I try to pick her up sometimes so this is how I've been trying to fix that. Typically, I feed her about five of the superworms a day; one to get her onto my arm, one to get her off my arm into the feeding tub, one or two in between crickets, and one more to get her to leave the tub if I have to.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
Well that's disappointing. I didn't realize it was so poor in nutrition. I just bought some dandelion greens yesterday and i'll try to pick up mustard and collard greens soon as well (I only mention those two because I'm sure I've seen them at my grocery store. I'll look around for the rest too.). Considering how much she loves her lettuce, I'm sure switching won't be too difficult. Wish I had known that from the start though. Thanks for the heads up.
oh certainly! that's wut we're here 4, ta spread information & help 1 another out. & yes i 4got 2 add dandelion greens 2 my list of good greens. my fat boy LOOOVES him his dandelion greens lol.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
well bryce, there's 3 different worms i feed. phoenix worms have the best calcium 2 phosphorus ratio, very low fat content & are amazing 4 ur dragon's health...but the lil suckers are pretty small & it's easy 2 go thru em rather quickly. silkworms in my opinion are the 2nd best worms available. they're super easy 2 maintain(just gotta be careful handling em cuz they bruise easily) & depending on how old ur beardie is, hornworms are a good choice as well. but use caution w/the hornworms...it depends on how old ur beardie is, only bcuz hornworms grow quite quickly & can get HUGE! but i find them 2 the be the best worm...bcuz they're easy 2 maintain, they grow quickly & big(depending on if they have a constant food supply) & since they grow bigger, that's less worms u've gotta feed. all of these worms do not have an exoskeleten, they are quite 'squishy' so no need 2 worry bout impaction:)

Latest posts