• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good news:)

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
i am sure now that my new BD is a girl i dont see any lumps!! also i found out guys get bigger pores on their legs then females and My new BD doesnt have any pores that are easy to notice like males. Also i know you cant tell when there young by their heads but my BD has a smaller head compared to ones i have seen when they are babies!! so i think im going to name her Autumn
What do you think of her name?
ill try to post pictures i tried getting some but she doesnt like being held in a position to where i can get a picture and then trys to get out my hands....Autumn is doing great though i am so happy to see her so active!!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How old is your baby girl? It's usually easier to confirm a sex as a juvie, though Autumn is a very pretty name! Heads don't necessarily tell a whole lot, Cass has a huge head and I know for sure she's female because she's laid two clutches :confused:.

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
Oh maybe she is 6 weeks old i know she is going to shed soon because down her back is getting gray so she might be between 5 to 6 weeks.

Mayoko

Hatchling Dragon
i am sure now that my new BD is a girl i dont see any lumps!! also i found out guys get bigger pores on their legs then females and My new BD doesnt have any pores that are easy to notice like males. Also i know you cant tell when there young by their heads but my BD has a smaller head compared to ones i have seen when they are babies!! so i think im going to name her Autumn
What do you think of her name?
ill try to post pictures i tried getting some but she doesnt like being held in a position to where i can get a picture and then trys to get out my hands....Autumn is doing great though i am so happy to see her so active!!
Love the name! It's awesome you know her gender now. And I didn't even know beardies had pores! That is so weird!

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
Love the name! It's awesome you know her gender now. And I didn't even know beardies had pores! That is so weird!
yeah i didnt either at first!! i looked in ways to determine the sex of a BD and it came up with things like the size of heads but people been telling me thats not really a good one to use and then if the BD have two bumps in the pelvis area then the BD is a male and of course no bumps the BD is a female haha:rolleyes: then i read that males have bigger pores on their legs then females so i went on google images and typed in male bearded dragon pores and saw they do have have bigger pores it was so interesting to learn about!:D haha ill post pictures to show!

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
male bearded dragon pores
bearded-dragon-male-spores.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Again the pores are not a hard & fast rule, I have never seen a male with pores as pronounced as the 'Male' example. Again every dragon is different, some females have larger, some males smaller, depends on the dragons you are comparing. The only reasonably sure way to sex them is check for the Hemipene bulges as shown in the video or to probe them & I don't suggest you ever do that. All other methods are relative to the BDs being compared & highly inaccurate. Your BD is too young right now to tell other than to a highly trained eye & even then at this age is an educated guess. Your BD is simply not developed enough yet to visually tell for sure, some times it's not accurate to tell until 4 to 6 months, depending on the development of the BD. You should resign yourself to that, your stressing yourself out over something you have no control over. I have a 7 year old male, that by the visual check, I would still swear it to be a female, had I not seen his 'Junk' in action.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Im not sure on the age for sure she is about 5" so maybe a month or so
All I can say is I agree 100% with Germ on this one! Wait to be sure, it's so much easier to tell after they've "dropped". I could have sworn "Misty" - later named Gabriel was female until he got two of my females knocked up!

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
oh but i check out books from the libary and all the books said the same thing about the pores even a lot of websites i read? ill trust you on this one though;) i guess i have a lot of learning to do thanks

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
oh but i check out books from the libary and all the books said the same thing about the pores even a lot of websites i read? ill trust you on this one though;) i guess i have a lot of learning to do thanks
Gabe's pores weren't very prominent and only had a bar across where there should have been lumps til suddenly he one day got horny.... little critters!

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
today she let me check for lumps without going crazy i didnt see anything so she is a girl...or is it to early still??

Latest posts