• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting Published :-))

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,

Well this has been an exciting week so far.
Kids went back to school after a 5 1/2 week holiday due to the World Cup Soccer.
Pogie fot a new log for her viv as she outgrew the branch LOL. Now she just has to figure out she can actually climb on it too, she just licks it all the time.

And . . . . the best for last

Yesterday my cousin called me and asked if I could help her OH out with some pics as their photographer cancelled. I said sure. I mean a few pictures for whatever.
Anyways, got to the location, met with Petes business partner and guess what!!!! The pictures were for a MAGAZINE COVER PAGE
Whoo hoo, and if they like my work I'll be freelancing for them permanently. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heres a link to their mags site http://www.triathletesa.co.za/

Will scan and copy the magazine cover once its published. I'm soooooo excited

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That is really great!!! I am excited for you too. Can't wait to see cover!! :D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx. Im really excited..... Cant stand the waiting. *bites nails anxiously*

thSmiley_Camera.gif

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Totally, radically, and "bouncing off-the-wall" excited for you! That's awesome, Monique! Definitely keep us updated. VERY cool....

*click* :D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congratulations, Monique! I bet you are on cloud 9. How wonderful for you.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is GREAT. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see your cover.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx everyone

What kind of rig (camera) do you have?

Currently Im using the Canon EOS500D plus accessories but my dream camera is a NIKON ::)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Thanx everyone

Currently Im using the Canon EOS500D plus accessories but my dream camera is a NIKON ::)

I am just a hobbyist I have a Cannon Rebel XS not quite as high speed/low drag as yours lol.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We bought the Nikon 5000 a couple of months ago. We are hobbyists too, but are enjoying capturing the moment when needed.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
Pogie said:
Thanx everyone

I am just a hobbyist I have a Cannon Rebel XS not quite as high speed/low drag as yours lol.

The twins have the Canon Rebel XSi and the Canon 580ex II flash to go with it. One of their photographer friends has the Canon 5D with the 430ex flash and the twins are getting raw photos to come out just as nice. I think it has mostly to do with lighting, ISO and F-Stop settings than it does the megapixels of the camera. They've learned a lot already in their mentorship.

Monique, your camera, called the Rebel T1i to us, is just one level up from the twins'. The Canon XSi is also known as the 450D.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Well as long as its CANON it cant be bad. Only cool peeps use canon ;D ;D ;D

The twins have the Canon Rebel XSi and the Canon 580ex II flash to go with it. One of their photographer friends has the Canon 5D with the 430ex flash and the twins are getting raw photos to come out just as nice. I think it has mostly to do with lighting, ISO and F-Stop settings than it does the megapixels of the camera. They've learned a lot already in their mentorship.

Monique, your camera, called the Rebel T1i to us, is just one level up from the twins'. The Canon XSi is also known as the 450D.

OK, thanx for that info.
If I had the money I'd buy the new Canon just released over here. The 7D ::)

And the 450D is a great camera too. When I upgraded from the 350D this year, I had to choose between the 450 and 500D. But since the 500 can do Video capture as well I took it as my video camera broke and sometimes I just need a quick video clip of the kids doing something silly or singing a new song.

Also the pics were delivered today and they LOVE them, were actually still arguing about which one they wanted to use for the cover when I left. LOL The Mag comes out bi-monthly and the issue with my pic on the cover will be available during the 1st week of August.

AND THEY'VE BOOKED ME FOR MONDAY FOR MORE PHOTOS FOR THE NEXT ISSUE - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, congrats again, Monique. Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time. Glad things are moving along for you.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
REALLY good news, Monique! Congrats!!!!

Yeah, the T1i does have video capability, but we felt it wasn't necessary for where the twins were headed. Besides, they already have a camera with great video capability. So...the decision was easy. Now, knowing they'll be getting some videography in college along with their degree, I'm thinking I wished we'd have went ahead and got the T1i, but I think a dedicated video camera is in order, instead. That way, if they're not too keen on taking video, but want to offer it with their business, maybe it's something I can get into and do for them. I have a pretty good vision for where they can take their business....with slideshows and videography being a part of it. Slideshows are something I do VERY well. Here's one I just did for their graduation.

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/d498ddba1a12e1c35c

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craig,

Youve got the right idea. As Im not really interrested in video I dont need a decent one. But for your girls buy the tool designed for the job. Cameras for stills and Video cam for video. You will never get the same quality with a cameras video capability as its primarily designed for stills and visa versa.

As for you maybe taking over the video part, really good idea. As the demand for stills and video together is getting bigger all the time.
I unfortunately cant seem to view your slideshow, it says the video is protected ????????????????

Latest posts