• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally :D ...and a couple of Q's

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Finally my little guy is acting normal...I was so freaked out for a while because he wouldnt eat or have bms regularly, but now he passes a bm atleast every other day, has been eating crickets with more enthusiasm, & still loves his collard greens. Im still disapointed with the amount of crickets hes eating, still only about 5 a day but im glad to see he isnt nearly as stressed, is getting more and more relaxed with my presence and my hands in the tank and patting/light handling. I do have to take him off his perch and basically place him above the cricket for him to eat it tho lol! otherwise he just sits on his perch and stares at it, silly. I do have a question though! How often should I be giving this little guy a bath? I havent given him one in at least 5 days, hes been passing bm's on his own, he has a dish with fresh water daily, a bath tub that he seems to go in now and then (trail of water on his carpet), and I sprinkle water on his veggies. Do they keep them selves hydrated fairly well with these methods. I dont mind giving him a bath of course, but I was just curious because if I can hold off on the bath for a while I think it would best as he wont get stressed out again and we wont have to lose that little bit of trust we have built up.
So anywho, how often does a baby like mine need a bath? When should I start regular baths again?
Also...food...I havent been dusting my crickets because Ive been feeding the crickets high calcium food and quencher that I bought at the pet store...is this called gut loading? Do I still need to dust the crickets as well?
One last question :) ...My crickets have been growing quickly...the large ones ate all my little ones, I have to go get more crickets today...what do I do with my left over large crickets? I cant kill them...yes if they are going to be eaten thats one thing, but I cant just smoosh them! What do I do with them? (they are too large to feed).

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Glad to see things are starting to calm down for you.I tend to mist every other day, just so l know that Yoda isn't doing to dehydrate. I bath him 2 - 3 times a weeks but if you think that is going to set you back with
your getitng to know eachother, then in my opinion l would mist instead of bath for a few more days. It's not worth stressing your new little fellow out.
Freeze the crickets until he's big enough to eat then, or i hate to say it, or you could chop them and mix with his vegies. I go thru a tube every 2-3 days. How much are they there? Here (australia) we pay $ 6.50 a tube. The tube says it has a minimum of 50 small crickets. Oh and gutload is an extra 35 cents would you believe.

carnivorouszoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I bathe Mojo everyday otherwise she won't poop. She will hold it until she gets her bath. I would not have any water in the viv, it raises the humidity which is not good for them.

Latest posts