• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

female on female? confused

Miss Pink Bitch

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi all im new here but have bred beardies for about 2 years got 2 new females from a friend that have both previously had eggs and last night one of them 'flipped' my female I've never seen this before and can't find anything to help me figure it out can anyone explain it please? just so i know for future reference thanks

Miss Pink Bitch

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes I was wondering that I've just never seen this behaviour from any of my dragons - before my dragon (Vodka) was getting lonely on her own as have seperated male (Harry) and her and my friend needed to home her 2 (Starr and Titch) so was perfect situation 3 nights have been fine and then last night saw this and was starting to wonder if my male had escaped somehow as he is a houdini lol but was her couldnt understand it especially as had flipped her not just 'fighting' something i found said about stimulating hormones but no1 was sure if this was relevant to beardies and then I found this wonderful place :) I obviously dont want the situation getting worse if its a fighting thing but if its just for dominance and will sort itself out I can cope just need to know

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The dominat female will assume the role of a male. They then will go thru the motions of breeding to dominate the other female. This will then cause the submissive female to cycle infertile eggs and be removed from the gene pool competition. I would recommend separation if you want to keep them healthy.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As Tom said separate them I do not house any of my Dragons together I just never had any luck housing them that way , But we do put them in a pen together so they can run and exercise more just the females, when we have done this and seen a female mount another female the aggressor was always ready to breed.

Latest posts