• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Excessive Hiding for my Bearded Dragon

QueenPineapple

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good to hear & I have not seen pics. He needs a flat high comfortable platform to bask on & the probe needs to sit on that rock as u call it and get the temp the temp is the temp of the furniture he lays on; If he’s not basking there’s an issue and I hope ubafe not keeping him out of his cage all day to comfort you. Those are not comfort pets there are natural herbs/vitamins to help with anxiety and stress; try Ashwagunda. Plus if u take him out let him sit with u in the yard on a fluffy blanket or a rock we’re his head and 2front legs can perch up onto and soak in some rays and uvb of the sun. U can’t use him as a comfort pillow that’s wrong hopefully the herb helps you.

No, she spends roughly one hour with me a day, and that is it. She also gets outside times as you talked about. As well as time to walk with a harness. I do not prioritize my wants over her needs or well being.
I do appreciate you trying to help but please do not assume things. I prioritize my animals over myself every day. I make sure all their needs are met, I have finances set aside for them, and that they get the food they need. I love them immensely and their wellbeing is an essential part of my daily routine. I never get an animal I do not feel prepared to give all they need since they rely on me for everything.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No, she spends roughly one hour with me a day, and that is it. She also gets outside times as you talked about. As well as time to walk with a harness. I do not prioritize my wants over her needs or well being.
I do appreciate you trying to help but please do not assume things. I prioritize my animals over myself every day. I make sure all their needs are met, I have finances set aside for them, and that they get the food they need. I love them immensely and their wellbeing is an essential part of my daily routine. I never get an animal I do not feel prepared to give all they need since they rely on me for everything.
If able let her bask & face the tank looking out a window they love greenery and love to look at things. Rite now shes facing the bare wall which is boring, and no fun. Even turn it so she can see you or things in the room, or even watch tv, they love it. Mine faces my yard and she sees all the palm trees and greens etc and my other one faces my entire family room and all windows to see out as well. Just a suggestion. And do not feed her mealworms they inpact the tummy and destroys their digestive system. Crickets and dubia roaches only & Lots of greens/veggies. Google staple greens and NO spinach; it binds to calcium. U can let her sit in the yard with you in the sun she wont run hopefully mine dont but i sit there with them. Consider moving her tank in front of a window where she can enjoy the scenery.

Latest posts