• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure

M

Masonbushell4664

Actually the 40G breeder is just fine for a normal sized adult dragon this is the min size however. And of course bigger is great but not everyone has the room for a bigger tank.
Like I said 40 gallon is way to small. A dragon is going to live a sad life living in that enclosure

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes the bigger the tank is better, but 36x18x18 is the minimum and is just fine for an adult dragon. You should also be allowing your dragon plenty of time outside of it's tank to get exercise. If you are just leaving your dragon in the tank all day and not interacting with it or letting it explore other areas, then it doesn't matter the size of the tank, it's going to be a sad dragon.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Like I said 40 gallon is way to small. A dragon is going to live a sad life living in that enclosure
And that is your opinion.. most of the members here including myself make sure that they get time outside their enclosures and are thriving.. There other types of challenges when you get a bigger enclosure and that is maintaining correct temps, bigger tanks are more prone to big temp differences..
40G breeders are perfectly fine for adult dragons..

M

Masonbushell4664

And that is your opinion.. most of the members here including myself make sure that they get time outside their enclosures and are thriving.. There other types of challenges when you get a bigger enclosure and that is maintaining correct temps, bigger tanks are more prone to big temp differences..
40G breeders are perfectly fine for adult dragons..
There are ways off getting the temp right. Just because it’s more of a challenge doesn’t mean it can’t be done. A lizard will not live the best life in a 40 gallon. That’s just cruel.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are ways off getting the temp right. Just because it’s more of a challenge doesn’t mean it can’t be done. A lizard will not live the best life in a 40 gallon. That’s just cruel.
I didn't say it couldn't be done..just saying not everyone has the room for bigger than 40s..most beardie owners give their dragons out of their tank times as they should..40G breeders again are the Minimum size for them.

M

Masonbushell4664

I didn't say it couldn't be done..just saying not everyone has the room for bigger than 40s..most beardie owners give their dragons out of their tank times as they should..40G breeders again are the Minimum size for them.
No no no. 40 is way too small. If you don’t have the room for bigger then get a fish or something. Because keeping a adult dragon in a 40g is simply cruel.

Aubs15

Hatchling Dragon
No no no. 40 is way too small. If you don’t have the room for bigger then get a fish or something. Because keeping a adult dragon in a 40g is simply cruel.

I’m sorry but I don’t think you arguing back and forth with two of the most knowledgeable people on this site is appropriate. Hydra and patsy have spent a lot of time learning what they know so they can share their knowledge.
A 40g breeder is the minimum size for an adult. Yes bigger is always better and we all hear your opinion on the 40g breeder and most of us agree bigger is better. But there are people who have 40g that make it work and they have very happy healthy dragons. It’s disheartening for the whole group to watch you argue with the two people we all go to for advice. So please try to be a little more respectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m sorry but I don’t think you arguing back and forth with two of the most knowledgeable people on this site is appropriate. Hydra and patsy have spent a lot of time learning what they know so they can share their knowledge.
A 40g breeder is the minimum size for an adult. Yes bigger is always better and we all hear your opinion on the 40g breeder and most of us agree bigger is better. But there are people who have 40g that make it work and they have very happy healthy dragons. It’s disheartening for the whole group to watch you argue with the two people we all go to for advice. So please try to be a little more respectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Aubs15..we try very hard to give the best advise possible to our members.. Yes bigger is better, but not everyone can afford bigger tanks and all the items needed for bigger tanks.
Dragons that are in 40G breeders are perfectly happy and healthy and have owners that care very much for them.

Masonbushell4664 If you do not like the opinions of the members of this forum that is your right, however it is important to remember we all love our scaly family members and we all give them the best lives that we can offer them.. It is important for you to be respectful to all members here. Consider yourself warned.

M

Masonbushell4664

Kk need to warm anyone. Just thought that considering the animals where once wild and had all the space in the world that people would try keep things as natural as possible. 40 gallons is not enough room for a natural habitat.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks @Aubs15. 40g is the minimum and there are ways to make it work for you to utilize all the space. We don't clutter the floor with trinkets and stuffed toys and just add enough things for them to climb on and hide in and use the vertical space as much as the horizontal space. Like I said before, personally my dragons spend most of their time roaming my giant living room/dining room and reptile room so they aren't lacking in enrichment or exercise.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Kk need to warm anyone. Just thought that considering the animals where once wild and had all the space in the world that people would try keep things as natural as possible. 40 gallons is not enough room for a natural habitat.
Since none of the dragons have come from the wild but are all breed and born in tanks..we keep things as natural as possible..

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
Whoah, how in the hell did I miss this craziness???!!! Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Anywho, thank you Patsy and Hdrydr31, you guys are awesome, and very much appreciated!!!! Glad to say miss lily got a new crib, and a new uvb bulb. She seems to love her new space, which makes me super relieved. Oh and I went on ahead and bought a 75w flood bulb from home depot, and got myself a heat gun. Black Friday is my homie :)