• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eggys.. Incase of a power cut

GemmyLou

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have two incubators set up and one has a clutch that is due this weekend and the other has a clutch that is due in june, we are due to have a thunder storm over the weekend and this may cause power cut im just wondering what back up heat sorce or something to keep the incubators on.. any ideas?
Iv heard we could use a car battery and a power converter?

Also Once the babas has hatched is it advisable to bathe them to get rid of any mucus before i put them into the viv?

&& two of the eggs thats due this weekend are peraly white and plump well for the past two days they have been dimpling..i candled them a week ago and they had veins and a shadow.. because its been two days does it mean they are dead? :(

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no they can go way past the hatch date .do you have a set up for them when they hatch ,how many are you going to keep together .

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have a generator but you could use hand warmers we keep 40hr and 70hr on hand at all times.You would have to keep an eye on the temps with the hand warmers.

GemmyLou

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Okay thank you.
Yeh i got a set up all ready and waiting .
What could the two eggs dimpling mean?
How many would you advise to put in together?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay thank you.
Yeh i got a set up all ready and waiting .
What could the two eggs dimpling mean?
How many would you advise to put in together?

we keep 5 together in a 20gal tote.the dimpling can mean not wet enough or ready to hatch

Latest posts