• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EGGS?????

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
she looks fine. i got some of my tanks at petco's one dollar per gallon sales. a few at reptile shows. i use the 40 gallon breeders and they run about 100 bucks new. i also had some custom made and they ran about 150 each.
The Exo Terra we are looking at is about $250.00. This is actually my 9 year old daughters dragon and I want something that will be easy for her to get in and out of to feed and clean. I don't want her to have to lift the entire lighting fixture and top off of the tank every time she wants to get into it. The lighting fixture I got from a friend is heavy. It can hold 3 bulbs and a long UV. So the Exo Terra 36x18x18 looked like a nice setup since it had the doors on the front too.

So you don't think she is to thin? Her mid section is hardly any wider than her tail when she is up on all fours. She just looks scrawny to me compared to some of the pictures I have seen. She is eating well. I will continue to offer her "daily bugs" for awhile to recover from the egg laying. I have been dusting her food with calcium daily too. How long do I need to do that after she lays eggs. Also, how often do they shed? Is that something only the growing babies do or do all beardies shed? If so do I need to do anything special for her when the time comes. I'd like to be prepared for the next adventure she is going to throw my way =)

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/117star/
Here are a some pictures of Scarlet tonight eating her wormy dinner, LOL. If you get a chance to look at them would you give me your thoughts on her weight. I know it is hard to judge just by looking at pictures. But all of the pictures I have looked at of other beardies make my girl look almost unhealthy and way underweight. Her enclosure is very temp. She is getting a new home in about 2 weeks. This is what she came to us in and I know it's for a Chameleon but it's all I have for the time being. She has been in it for about 2 1/2 years so I figure she can handle 2 more weeks =) Who knew enclosures were so expensive??!!

Once you get Scarlet her new home keep this one, it will be handy for taking her out doors in if you dont want to let her just roam free out side. :)

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Once you get Scarlet her new home keep this one, it will be handy for taking her out doors in if you dont want to let her just roam free out side. :)
That is the plan!!!! =) We get great afternoon sun on our front porch that I think she will enjoy!

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
no she looks fine considering what shes been thro and that she has been living in that setup for over 2 yrs! she has some lovely colours!
As for the calci if your feeding every day then give it 2 weeks or so at that so she can recover. Shedding depends as adults how much they grow etc. She will shed it bits and it can take much longer as adults than babies to shed. The bottom of her body before her tail looks fine if she was that under weight you would see her bones but she looks fine - your over panicing lol. She has been thro so much. But once she is in her new home and settles down you will see the difference.

ps if you use the Image code at the bottom of each photo(left click the word IMG code) it will say copied) you can copy n paste them into this post like this
Scarlet029.jpg
She is pretty isn't she!!!!! Thanx :) I tried to post the pics right on here via the upload file button at the bottom and it told me the the file was to large so tried the other way. I will have to try the way you suggested and see if it I can figure it out. I am not to computer savvy.

Latest posts