• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eggs and ExoTerra Digital Incubator

LeylasMommy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Abby has laid her eggs, 17 total, but I'm having a slight problem with the incubator. I have it set to 87 degrees and the digital display is only showing 78. I've had it running for 3 days and it's just stayed at 78. I'm placing a thermometer inside to see if the digital display just isn't working properly, but any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

GemmyLou

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey!
Ours Is set at 92 but its only 82degress.. like ours you might find that the dial isnt accurate but the temp is fine at 78degrees!
87 degress i should think would be a bit to high as you would cook the eggs!
We do ours between 78 and 84 degress!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
we keep our at 82-83 walmart has a good digital thermometer with a long lead and it shows humidity.

LeylasMommy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Let me clarify. I had it at 87 when I posted this; I even tried puting it at 140 and the inside temp never rose above 76. I took the unit in to the store and it turns out it was a bad unit. Thanks for your help!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The best thing to do if you have a female that's going to lay is to set your incubator up at least a week before she lays and check it . I had one that seemed to change every time we set it up.

Latest posts