• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Doesn't eat much anymore....

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ordering today. How do you store them? How long do I have before they turn into actual flies? Yuck.
Store in what they come in - on your counter and feed the flies- they are good and dragons like them-- when the larvea turn black that is when they are turning to flies-

Thundercat

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Rascal is 7-8 months old, and for whatever reason just doesn't eat much anymore. Always had a problem with greens, but lately I can only get her to eat a few roaches at a time. In a 40 gallon tank, (upgrading soon) UVB is a 24 inch, 24 watt Arcadia T5 hanging inside the tank about 10 inches from the basking log. Basking lights are 2 75 watt ReptiZoo white lights. Basking temp is 95-100 and cool side is 75-80. Humidity stays around 35%. She has a hide on each side. Only poops about every 4 days. I think I'm doing everything correctly.....do they lose some. of their appetite as they get older?
Hi, I noticed your enclosure. I think for one it's to small. He is going to grow more. He seems to be unable to get the correct temperature because he is on the floor of it. You need to get a Basking log and please get rid of that uvb coil light. It's not enough to go across the length of cage. You don't want him fighting for heat vs uvb.make sure they are changed out every six months. One thing that I did for my bearded dragon was started giving him baby food from needless syringe. Green bean, butternut squash, sweet potato banana and apple just to help get some variety. I use a temperature gun to check his temperature to make sure he isn't to hot or to make sure it's warm enough. Depending on whether that could change, so you always want to check that. I will send you a picture of Rhaegal in his enclosure. You want to give them something to climb, they need to feel as close to their natural environment as possible. He has plenty of room to walk around even with his decor. Make him feel the way you would want to feel.

Attachments

• 20210930_160059.jpg
    20210930_160059.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211229_154429.jpg
    20211229_154429.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220220_171247.jpg
    20220220_171247.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Rascal is 7-8 months old, and for whatever reason just doesn't eat much anymore. Always had a problem with greens, but lately I can only get her to eat a few roaches at a time. In a 40 gallon tank, (upgrading soon) UVB is a 24 inch, 24 watt Arcadia T5 hanging inside the tank about 10 inches from the basking log. Basking lights are 2 75 watt ReptiZoo white lights. Basking temp is 95-100 and cool side is 75-80. Humidity stays around 35%. She has a hide on each side. Only poops about every 4 days. I think I'm doing everything correctly.....do they lose some of their appetite as they get older?
Hi.....We rescue and rehome. A beardie will lose appetite and be unable to move if the UVB long light is not replaced every "6" Months or if the temp in the tank is not warm enough. Please switch out the UVB asap & I would recommend the REPTISUN 10.0 T5; that's the best UVB & the length u buy should cover 70 percent of the tank & all UVB's are to be switched out every 6 months religiously. A 7-8 month old beardie should be eating proteins twice a day dusted with calcium (REPCAL) once per day 3-4 times per week. and dusted with HERPTIVITE once a week on a non-calcium day. Also, DONOT feed mealworms it impacts them. The best proteins are crickets and dubia roaches and when he reaches 1 year of age u can add superworms 5-6 once per week; they are high in fat but good for them. A plate of veggies everyday for life always; mustard greens, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives & collard greens. Fruits once-twice a week as treats; blueberries & mangoes are very good and papaya. At "1" year of age feed the proteins once/day and after 1.5 years old feed proteins twice per week. Pooping should be daily or every other day if eating properly. Give her baths twice a week in dechlorinated water for 15min in lukewarm water, you can use REPTISAFE drops to remove the chlorine and more baths when shedding. At nite remove all food and water bowls or they can get an Upper Respiratory Infection, Your temps & humidity are excellent just make sure that's accurate with A Digital Thermometer & digital hygometer and an Infrared gun that u shine one inch away from basking spot to get the most accurate temp. The dial thermometers are completely inaccurate. The tank should be upgraded rite away too or it stunts their growth & they get stressed. Your photo shows the beardie NOT doing well, is her poop runny, if so she prolly has coccidia which is like lice in the tummy and she needs a vet/antibiotics asap and tank needs to remain super duper clean. If you make the above changes and no improvement take her to a good vet.

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, I noticed your enclosure. I think for one it's to small. He is going to grow more. He seems to be unable to get the correct temperature because he is on the floor of it. You need to get a Basking log and please get rid of that uvb coil light. It's not enough to go across the length of cage. You don't want him fighting for heat vs uvb.make sure they are changed out every six months. One thing that I did for my bearded dragon was started giving him baby food from needless syringe. Green bean, butternut squash, sweet potato banana and apple just to help get some variety. I use a temperature gun to check his temperature to make sure he isn't to hot or to make sure it's warm enough. Depending on whether that could change, so you always want to check that. I will send you a picture of Rhaegal in his enclosure. You want to give them something to climb, they need to feel as close to their natural environment as possible. He has plenty of room to walk around even with his decor. Make him feel the way you would want to feel.

My UVB is not a coil, and there is a basking log.

UVB is a 24 inch, 24 watt Arcadia T5 outside the tank about 10 inches from the basking log. UVB is only four months old. Basking lights are 2 75 watt ReptiZoo white lights. Basking temp is 95-100 and cool side is 75-80. Temps are taken with a digital probe thermometer. Humidity stays around 35%. She has a hide on each side.

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Hi.....We rescue and rehome. A beardie will lose appetite and be unable to move if the UVB long light is not replaced every "6" Months or if the temp in the tank is not warm enough. Please switch out the UVB asap & I would recommend the REPTISUN 10.0 T5; that's the best UVB & the length u buy should cover 70 percent of the tank & all UVB's are to be switched out every 6 months religiously. A 7-8 month old beardie should be eating proteins twice a day dusted with calcium (REPCAL) once per day 3-4 times per week. and dusted with HERPTIVITE once a week on a non-calcium day. Also, DONOT feed mealworms it impacts them. The best proteins are crickets and dubia roaches and when he reaches 1 year of age u can add superworms 5-6 once per week; they are high in fat but good for them. A plate of veggies everyday for life always; mustard greens, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives & collard greens. Fruits once-twice a week as treats; blueberries & mangoes are very good and papaya. At "1" year of age feed the proteins once/day and after 1.5 years old feed proteins twice per week. Pooping should be daily or every other day if eating properly. Give her baths twice a week in dechlorinated water for 15min in lukewarm water, you can use REPTISAFE drops to remove the chlorine and more baths when shedding. At nite remove all food and water bowls or they can get an Upper Respiratory Infection, Your temps & humidity are excellent just make sure that's accurate with A Digital Thermometer & digital hygometer and an Infrared gun that u shine one inch away from basking spot to get the most accurate temp. The dial thermometers are completely inaccurate. The tank should be upgraded rite away too or it stunts their growth & they get stressed. Your photo shows the beardie NOT doing well, is her poop runny, if so she prolly has coccidia which is like lice in the tummy and she needs a vet/antibiotics asap and tank needs to remain super duper clean. If you make the above changes and no improvement take her to a good vet.

UVB is a 24 inch, 24 watt Arcadia T5 outside the tank about 10 inches from the basking log. UVB is only four months old. Basking lights are 2 75 watt ReptiZoo white lights. Basking temp is 95-100 and cool side is 75-80. Temps are taken with a digital probe thermometer. Humidity stays around 35%. She has a hide on each side. She gets a bath a couple times/week. Her diet is a mixture of crickets and dubia roaches. They are dusted with calcium/Herptative, She gets greens every day, and melon, strawberries, apples and wax worms as a treat. Night time temps are 65-70. (Use a ceramic heat emitter). Moved the UVB outside the tank and got a screen with wider holes. Eating better. Had 6 crickets and 4 roaches this morning. Ordered some BSFL to out on the greens to entice her to eat them, should be here tomorrow. The picture you saw was not a good representation of either the setup or the dragon. Some of the stuff in the tank had been taken out and she was asleep.

This was taken yesterday after her bath.

Tank.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UVB is a 24 inch, 24 watt Arcadia T5 outside the tank about 10 inches from the basking log. UVB is only four months old. Basking lights are 2 75 watt ReptiZoo white lights. Basking temp is 95-100 and cool side is 75-80. Temps are taken with a digital probe thermometer. Humidity stays around 35%. She has a hide on each side. She gets a bath a couple times/week. Her diet is a mixture of crickets and dubia roaches. They are dusted with calcium/Herptative, She gets greens every day, and melon, strawberries, apples and wax worms as a treat. Night time temps are 65-70. (Use a ceramic heat emitter). Moved the UVB outside the tank and got a screen with wider holes. Eating better. Had 6 crickets and 4 roaches this morning. Ordered some BSFL to out on the greens to entice her to eat them, should be here tomorrow. The picture you saw was not a good representation of either the setup or the dragon. Some of the stuff in the tank had been taken out and she was asleep.

This was taken yesterday after her bath.

View attachment 32114
Can you show me your screen please

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Get a glass or ceramic bowl - one w/ a lip on the rim-
Thanks for all the advice. Moved the UVB outside the tank, got some BSFL, and switched back to crickets. For whatever reason, she has totally decided she no longer like the roaches. (Got about 200 left over she won’t eat) Eating much better, just not the roaches. Likes the fly larva, but just picks it off the top of the greens. Do catch her in her water dish from time to time. Must be drinking it, as there is no sign of dehydration. Doing much better. Has really taken to napping on the couch with the dogs…..
5F8554FD-59C0-46B7-966C-1A2CED813C58.jpeg