• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does this look healthy?

Mattie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello. I'm new to taking care of beardies. Godzilla is about 9 months old at minimum and is very energetic and has a good appetite. However I'm worried about his poop looking a little off. I'm willing to answer any questions if needed and provide any pictures as well. I just want to make sure he is doing alright.

Picture of his poop:
tumblr_pe162wNkNz1vh5861_540.jpg

(He walked across it so it moved the urate and excess water that came out. It wasn't a lot but it looked a little cloudy.)

Picture of Godzilla:
tumblr_pe162zU0Pr1vh5861_540.jpg

Most recently I've fed him some roaches yesterday, and kale and squash maybe two days before that. I've mostly fed him crickets but I wanted to see how he liked the roaches yesterday but he pretty much eats everything that smells like food and I feed him every other day. Am I doing anything wrong?

Also don't mind his scenery falling in the background I haven't been able to tape it back up yet.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The poop itself looks good. The urate could be a little whiter. Make sure he’s getting enough hydration.

Mattie

Bearded Dragon Egg
The poop itself looks good. The urate could be a little whiter. Make sure he’s getting enough hydration.

Thank you so much for the reply! Do you have any tips for hydrating him well? When I give him baths I always drop some water onto his nose to help him but he never seems to lick it off.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Patsy all in all it looks good, and yea could be whiter. You could try and see if he would be interested in a slurry of sort. if you have a magic bullet that you could blend into a pulp his greens collard/turnip/mustard/dandelion greens are more preferred staple green..and add in 100% coconut water and see if that dripped onto his nose would be more yummy to lick off. Going by the picture I would feed him dubia every day those are nice and juicy bugs. Their digestive tract is very impressive in how it will squeeze every bit of liquid from their diet..

Latest posts