• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my beardie have tail rot

Helios

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your dragon is 5 months old? He needs live insects 2-3 times per day --- please supply him w/ live insects for two weeks- your dragon needs the protein that is his main diet --- canned crickets but I dont recommend them - he also needs fresh salads every day -- he may not eat them the canned insects--- and if he doesnt hes going to be very hungry when you come home --- what are you feeding him now?
I give him live crickets every day and leave a salad in his bowl. Hes not a very picky eater considering he tried to eat a candy wrapper he found on the floor earlier haha!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I give him live crickets every day and leave a salad in his bowl. Hes not a very picky eater considering he tried to eat a candy wrapper he found on the floor earlier haha!
Go figure - get your surface basking temps and uvb on par before you leave- have them feed him 2 times per day and leave fresh salads everyday- how many crickets is he eating per feeding now?

Helios

Bearded Dragon Egg
Go figure - get your surface basking temps and uvb on par before you leave- have them feed him 2 times per day and leave fresh salads everyday- how many crickets is he eating per feeding now?
about 30. Might be able to have the caretakers feed them worms. Any worm recommendations?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
about 30. Might be able to have the caretakers feed them worms. Any worm recommendations?
Bsfl they are a great staple feeder- also called phoenix worms some PetSmart's carry them - silk worms those are ordered online - 2-3 every 2-3 days- the bsfl are a larvae he would need large- when are you leaving? I would recommend setting up a 10 gallon aquarium for dubia roaches- I can help you do that -

Helios

Bearded Dragon Egg
Bsfl they are a great staple feeder- also called phoenix worms some PetSmart's carry them - silk worms those are ordered online - 2-3 every 2-3 days- the bsfl are a larvae he would need large- when are you leaving? I would recommend setting up a 10 gallon aquarium for dubia roaches- I can help you do that -
Leaving friday. Been wanting to breed dubia roaches so that would be great!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Leaving friday. Been wanting to breed dubia roaches so that would be great!
Ok well I would see if any of your pet stores carry bsfl or phoenix worms- let me know- the dubias are alot easier to take care of and better feeder -- order them on line - a long w/ dubia food dubia dew and feed what you feed your dragon- do not feed carrots to both one or the other - too much vitamin a-- I can give you websites to get you started

Helios

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok well I would see if any of your pet stores carry bsfl or phoenix worms- let me know- the dubias are alot easier to take care of and better feeder -- order them on line - a long w/ dubia food dubia dew and feed what you feed your dragon- do not feed carrots to both one or the other - too much vitamin a-- I can give you websites to get you started
Some links would be great! And should beardies not eat carrots?

Helios

Bearded Dragon Egg
Update: Beardie seems to he looking much better! The shrivled part of the tail continued to expand and then fell off about two weeks ago. Been giving him antibiotics and have seen no sign of any infections. The area where his tail fell off has healed nicely with new scales. Thanks for all the help!