• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discoloration

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Doe you have a digital probe thermometer? That's going to work best on the hammocks for accurate basking temps
Hello, I happened to have the thermometer below. Will it do?
A82A5C66-80BE-45F2-94F7-0BA31776EB11.jpeg

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well u did add , whats that 3/4” back splash tile? That took up some space. I like the look of it. how did u adhere it?
I’m not sure. I think just store brand adhesive similar to a caulking gun. But for backsplash. I can’t remember exactly. I built my terrarium approaching 1 year this July.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey like some Manuka that is an example and put on his lip--- it is a antibacterial that will kill any infection and promote healing
hey just got the Manuka. Twas expensivel. $40 for a jar of it. Just administered it. My beardie wasn’t liking it. Hopefully he’ll heal. Wish me luck.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hey just got the Manuka. Twas expensivel. $40 for a jar of it. Just administered it. My beardie wasn’t liking it. Wish me luck.
So that is a cut and not blueberry correct? You can use that honey for cooking as well or whatever -- I keep raw unpasteurized honey in the house but I also cook w/ it and my husband eats it on peanut butter sandwiches --

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So that is a cut and not blueberry correct? You can use that honey for cooking as well or whatever -- I keep raw unpasteurized honey in the house but I also cook w/ it and my husband eats it on peanut butter sandwiches --
I wasn’t able to determine if it was a cut or from the blueberries. Wasn’t sure how to. Should I have tried wiping his snout first? I just applied the Manuka. Wasn’t thinking that far ahead. Don’t mind me. I’m a bit slow sometimes. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wasn’t able to determine if it was a cut or from the blueberries. Wasn’t sure how to. Should I have tried wiping his snout first? I just applied the Manuka. Wasn’t thinking that far ahead. Don’t mind me. I’m a bit slow sometimes. Thanks
Try washing it off if it does not come off get a good look at it cleaned up- the determine if it's a cut or not- does he flinch when you touch it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 ---- do not grout them or seal them in ---- cut to the size of the tank w /a tile cutter and get the measurements inside --- I use a thick shop paper towel from Walmart underneath it catches the watery urate so you can clean tile pull it and replace paper towel under it ---- also its easier to clean and pull those tiles if the dragon gets sick like w/ coccidia / pinworms if you seal the tile in you wont be able to do that --- you want a textured slated ceramic tile --- nothing to coarse or too smooth for traction --- here is a piece of my tile I got from Home Depot -- cost me $13 to tile a 120 gallon tank
This is what was said about the substrate your using

It could be but people are using all sorts of combinations now and as long as the dragon has proper temps. and is well hydrated they're generally fine. One thing you can point out is that if they see a film of dust around the fixtures or top of the tank, then it's probably too dusty. They can spray the substrate down a bit if there is low humidity in the house

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Try washing it off if it does not come off get a good look at it cleaned up- the determine if it's a cut or not- does he flinch when you touch it
is it okay to use the wipes below or use a washcloth or paper towels?Or should I use baby wipes?
BDA15FAD-8471-4849-95C2-1EE2BA2829C8.jpeg

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello again. Good news. I just used a wash cloth and it cleared right up. I’ll wait another hour or so. Hopefully it’ll stay cleared up. Here’s a couple of pics before and after.thanks
4F0F1A1B-195B-49D3-AE9C-71FFA2948CC9.jpeg

A857D2D3-1DED-4BF2-89C9-9B6A85AE0625.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Im glad ur bearded dragon wasn’t hurt, that coloring was a little worrisome at first glance, do you soak ur beardie?
1B6F57E9-5D5E-4074-B515-C676E03D965D.jpeg

if not, thats the best way to get them clean, fill up something about 2-3 inches depending on ur beardie, dont fill up the water past their back, get a little toothbrush abs scrub him down, i recommended starting with the top and working ur way down to their butt, so they’re not sitin poop water the whole time, rinse him off and you gotta clean lizard :)

Latest posts