• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

carnivore care...how often????

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi richard, so we started him on the carnivore care yesterday so its just a sit back and wait sort of thing, I dont expect it to be too long before he starts to poop with this stuff, with the liquid calcium I rang my vet a few weeks ago as someone on .org recomended it, the vet said the only type of liquid calcium they have is for cows and big animals and wouldnt recommend giving it to zuko as its for such a big animal, I gave him 2ml of the cc mixed 50/50 with chicken amd squash baby food, on the packet it says once opened to store in the fridge for up to 7 days, does this mean it has no use after 7days?
ive kept the carnivore care for up to a month but no longer. as far as the calcium goes, ive never used the flukers from petco but ill ask my exotic vet. is your vet exotic or general? if not tell me what area you are in and ill help you find one.

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ok thanks aleena ill hav another look around for it,

A month u say richard okay as long as it wont make thier situation worse
Im in the uk, europe, england, mear bath/bristol area about an hour away

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks richard, ive also just found out theres one in bridgwater wich.is closer :) but unfortunutley I dont drive so its still a question of how I get him there, once I send a fecal off (i dont think it will be long before he poops on this cc) I might kno what the cause is, if not, I will have to try and arrange some sort of lift, the reason why im going to send it off myself is because theres a huge price difference than if I was to have it done through the vets

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The neocal(liquid calcium)is also known as Calcium Glubionate.
It's available from most veterinary distributors
or human pharmacies.The powders (phosphorus free and with or without

D3) can also be used. (this is the response i got from my vet on the calcium)

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh cool :) so whats the difference between liquid calcium and the calcium I dust thier crickets with? I will ring my vet tomorrow and just mention that to him :)

Also, wat do u do.if ur dragon wont take the full 2ml of mixture? I was pulling down his bottom lip and sort of sliding it in, but where he has been biting on the syringe its gone all ridged and it will scratch his lip if I do that, and I dont really want to force his mouth open, so im just squirting it on the tip of his nose amd he laps the first ml up but he just scrambles to get away by the time ive come to the 2nd ml :(

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The neocal(liquid calcium)is also known as Calcium Glubionate.
It's available from most veterinary distributors
or human pharmacies.The powders (phosphorus free and with or without
D3) can also be used. (this is the response i got from my vet on the calcium)
Thank you for checking on that, Richard! I've been wondering about the spray on stuff I have been finding, and was tempted to try it. Glad I didn't.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh cool :) so whats the difference between liquid calcium and the calcium I dust thier crickets with? I will ring my vet tomorrow and just mention that to him :)

Also, wat do u do.if ur dragon wont take the full 2ml of mixture? I was pulling down his bottom lip and sort of sliding it in, but where he has been biting on the syringe its gone all ridged and it will scratch his lip if I do that, and I dont really want to force his mouth open, so im just squirting it on the tip of his nose amd he laps the first ml up but he just scrambles to get away by the time ive come to the 2nd ml :(
thats why they call it force feeding... i hold mine while my wife tugs the beard and pulls the mouth open but we've been doing it a long time. you can use a soft rubbery icing spatula to get between his lips also

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yehh I really try not to force feed him as its really stressful for him, and me , I hate it lol, he laps it up good off the tip of his nose tho and now hes started to sit there throughout the whole 2ml :) ive also started to notice a difference in his energy levels and hes also put on 5grams :) so hopefully soon he will start to eat :)

Latest posts