• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Capbo has something odd with his lips I think

TheGuvnor

Hatchling Dragon
Messages
54
Location
England
Yes you are. I guess I could dig up some info. If it was in fact in a book I see the relative info. Google will have the info I should think, although I've not done a search on the subject myself. As this info is something I don't need to research. :-P
.....just saying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
 
Last edited:

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Messages
120
I was having trouble giving him his medicine but then I found a good youtube showing how to grab the skin under the chin and pull the mouth open. Worked great. Finally got a good full dose into the guy.
 

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Messages
120
Still not great, about the same or maybe just slightly better, but given I only now learned how to properly give the medicine, let's give it a bit more time.
 

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Messages
120
Pretty much back to normal. I big thing was learning how to properly give medicine to a lizard. Good ol' youtube
 

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Messages
120
There's a video on youtube that shows how you grab a folder of skin under the chin and then pull the mouth open by grabbing the side of the top jaw. The vet lady did it solo no problem but my wife and I have to do it together. She holds Capbo and the dropper of medicine and then I pull the mouth open. She shove the dropper in and squeezes. Lizard swallows. Then beard turns all black and he looks unhappy with me.
 

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Messages
120
Side note: been giving him more frequent baths during the antibiotic treatment. Tonight he drank for almost a minute. He's only slurped up tub water once before I think. Thirsty lizard.
 

TheGuvnor

Hatchling Dragon
Messages
54
Location
England
As with all fluids being ingested via a dropper. Make sure you try get the tongue below the dropper tip. They have a hole under the tongue that goes directly to the lungs. So water down there could cause issues.
 
Top