• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Even if it has a reflector it need to go inside?
I just don’t want it be too much for my beardie
It won't be - as long as he can get out of it w/out having to hide from it your good- he knows what he needs but he has to have that option

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
It won't be - as long as he can get out of it w/out having to hide from it your good- he knows what he needs but he has to have that option

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update. I put his uvb light T5 12% with reflector inside but still hides in his cave.
The log in the center of the tank is it directly under the UVB? And I am seeing stick ons for temp gauges--- do you have any digital probe thermometers - please get a good digital probe hygrometer-- Exo Terra makes them-- analogs are inaccurate --
Is he coming out to bask in his tank at all? Is he eating? Pooping? What does the poop look like?

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
The log in the center of the tank is it directly under the UVB? And I am seeing stick ons for temp gauges--- do you have any digital probe thermometers - please get a good digital probe hygrometer-- Exo Terra makes them-- analogs are inaccurate --
Is he coming out to bask in his tank at all? Is he eating? Pooping? What does the poop look like?
I will buy some then. And not by himself i have to pull him out so he can bask, but after a while he goes back in. I took him to the vet like about a month ago. They said he was healthy also a fecal sample was made, and the vet said he had a few worms but that was to be normal for them. Idk what else I can do I’m worried!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will buy some then. And not by himself i have to pull him out so he can bask, but after a while he goes back in. I took him to the vet like about a month ago. They said he was healthy also a fecal sample was made, and the vet said he had a few worms but that was to be normal for them. Idk what else I can do I’m worried!
What was his weight in the vets office? Keep track of it - weigh in grams on a kitchen food scale- it is normal for them to have some parasites - its when they get out of control and then meds need to be given -- we need to get accurate surface basking temps to see if this is the issue going on-- they wont bask on a surface if its too hot -- once this is ruled out and no parasites then I am not sure what the issue is if there is one- he could be just going thru a semi brumation period - is he eating?

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
What was his weight in the vets office? Keep track of it - weigh in grams on a kitchen food scale- it is normal for them to have some parasites - its when they get out of control and then meds need to be given -- we need to get accurate surface basking temps to see if this is the issue going on-- they wont bask on a surface if its too hot -- once this is ruled out and no parasites then I am not sure what the issue is if there is one- he could be just going thru a semi brumation period - is he eating?
Ok I will buy the probe thermometers and yes he eats but just bugs and not too many! But his weight keeps being stable, no loss in weight. Maybe semi brumation?

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I will buy the probe thermometers and yes he eats but just bugs and not too many! But his weight keeps being stable, no loss in weight. Maybe semi brumation?
He also scratches the floor before going into his hide. Idk if it’s an important note

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He also scratches the floor before going into his hide. Idk if it’s an important note
Scratching the floor is normal - making a comfy spot --- semi brumation is when they will go in their hide sleep for a few days maybe a week - its not full brumation where they are out like a light and sleep for months -- how is he getting water? Greens are the best way for them to get water but he needs to be hydrated -- you can drop water on his nose or use a eye dropper -- we need him to start eating some greens - how old is the dragon and how often are you feeding insects? What have you tried to get him to the salad bowl ?

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Scratching the floor is normal - making a comfy spot --- semi brumation is when they will go in their hide sleep for a few days maybe a week - its not full brumation where they are out like a light and sleep for months -- how is he getting water? Greens are the best way for them to get water but he needs to be hydrated -- you can drop water on his nose or use a eye dropper -- we need him to start eating some greens - how old is the dragon and how often are you feeding insects? What have you tried to get him to the salad bowl ?
He is about a year and 2 months old! He doesn’t really drink water on his own. So I just bathe him twice a week and his green i tried to give him a variety but he won’t eat it or fruits. I feel him bugs 2 twice a week. I also drip water on his mouth but doesn’t seem to be drinking it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is about a year and 2 months old! He doesn’t really drink water on his own. So I just bathe him twice a week and his green i tried to give him a variety but he won’t eat it or fruits. I feel him bugs 2 twice a week. I also drip water on his mouth but doesn’t seem to be drinking it
Usually they will lick if they are thirsty it may take a few times before they start licking - what have you tried to lure him to the salad bowl? BSFL ? silk worm? those are good salad toppers -- he needs his greens --- I know about the not eating I have a 5 year old that started eating greens about a year or a little longer ago - but my persistence of offering every day finally paid off --

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Usually they will lick if they are thirsty it may take a few times before they start licking - what have you tried to lure him to the salad bowl? BSFL ? silk worm? those are good salad toppers -- he needs his greens --- I know about the not eating I have a 5 year old that started eating greens about a year or a little longer ago - but my persistence of offering every day finally paid off --
I do put meal worms but he just picks them up without salad! I tried bee pollen but that didn’t work either