• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I have a bearded dragon and he is about a year old! I think he is going through brumation right now, but he didn’t poop before going into it. Any tips are appreciated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! I have a bearded dragon and he is about a year old! I think he is going through brumation right now, but he didn’t poop before going into it. Any tips are appreciated!
Late for brumation - incorrect uvb and surface basking temps will cause this behavior- please go over the husbandry- is he eating?

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I have a bearded dragon and he is about a year old! I think he is going through brumation right now, but he didn’t poop before going into it. Any tips are appreciated
Late for brumation - incorrect uvb and surface basking temps will cause this behavior- please go over the husbandry- is he eating?
his basking spot temp. Is at 106F and his cool side is 86F. The uvb that I have for him is a long tube not coil. Most of the time he is in his hide but when I show him bugs he come out to eat them. I took him to the vet 3 weeks ago and they told me that he is a healthy beardie!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
where is the UVB what brand and bulb -- your screen on the tank will determine where it goes along w/ distance - how old is the uvb bulb -- cool side of tank is too warm - you want low 80's analog is fine for that temp but surface basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer -- adult dragon like temps 95-100 - please adjust

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
where is the UVB what brand and bulb -- your screen on the tank will determine where it goes along w/ distance - how old is the uvb bulb -- cool side of tank is too warm - you want low 80's analog is fine for that temp but surface basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer -- adult dragon like temps 95-100 - please adjust
The UVB brand is zilla slimeline dessert 50ubv t8 fluorescent. And it goes on top of his tank. The tank has 2 digital thermometers one on his basking side and the other one on his cool side.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His uvb bulb is also 2 months in berely
Ok T 8's MUST go inside the tank 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - I recommend a better bulb a reptisun 10.0 T 8 please take the cover off the fixture leave it off- your dragon is not getting if any uvb- a reason for this behavior - T 8 's need to be changed out 6 months I recommend 5-- he's getting sick please do this right away- watch his behavior-

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
His uvb bulb is also 2 months in berely
Ok T 8's MUST go inside the tank 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - I recommend a better bulb a reptisun 10.0 T 8 please take the cover off the fixture leave it off- your dragon is not getting if any uvb- a reason for this behavior - T 8 's need to be changed out 6 months I recommend 5-- he's getting sick please do this right away- watch his behavior-
Ok I will change this! Thank you so much!

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is his set up but will change the uvb light to your recommendation!
Ok so if you can take the screen off over one of you basking decor pieces or put it in the tank-- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - you can use long plastic zip ties 3M Velcro fasteners or picture hanging wire- I'd go w/ that one- if you want it in the tank--

Delta_jerry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so if you can take the screen off over one of you basking decor pieces or put it in the tank-- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - you can use long plastic zip ties 3M Velcro fasteners or picture hanging wire- I'd go w/ that one- if you want it in the tank--
Ok I will do that! Thank you I will keep you updated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s on top of the screen mesh so it should be good right? And yes I will!! Thanks for the help!
Depends on the screen if it's a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type - placement and distance is determined by that