• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bringing Him Out of the House

colin

Hatchling Dragon
I have bought a medium glass aquarium /fish tank and placed sand and bog wood in it, with two basking rocks.

The aquarium /fish tank is to high for them to get out and as such with the lid off I place it in the garden on the grass they then become really active in it running up and down the bog wood and basically take interest in everything going on outside...

I would have them in this if I decide to go and sit in the sun, if however I decide to go in I place a wire mesh over the top to prevent other animals getting in...

That way I know they are in sterile conditions due to the fact I take it out and in as I use it.

It's amazing the coloration in Bella and George with natural sunlight I also found they did not mind being in the same enclosure when outside :)

Also I find their mood and energy levels improve when returned to their vivariums, the natural sunlight is by far the best gift to give to your beardie..

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glass magnifies heat. Please be very careful to monitor them. You could cook them. I wouldn't recommend glass

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I tried it with a rubbermaid tub the other day but vinnie freaked out cuz he couldnt see anything but up and it got pretty warm as well so i just got a harness and use that

colin

Hatchling Dragon
Glass magnifies heat. Please be very careful to monitor them. You could cook them. I wouldn't recommend glass

I hear ya but as I say there is no lid on this tank so air flow is huge :).

And I forgot to mention I'm in the UK we don't get very hot sun often lol.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it goes without saying but always make sure you supervise outside time! :)

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
always i usually put a little string on him so he cant get away from me. We went for a nice walk yesterday and when I got home and put him back he was jumping all over and glass dancing, id say he loves going outside.lol

colin

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah my two have started coming to me now when I open the viv it's really cute :)

Latest posts