• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blizzard

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
29oC today in Melbourne 32oC tomorrow, just a rub in for my chilly mates accross the big water :p

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh you are just too mean Francis! lol I was looking at pictures today of tropical/warm places just to stay warm in my mind lol.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Funny how mother nature is, up here in Ontario Canada, well where I live anyways we have absolutly no snow....I cannot beleive how the eastern sea board got hit, oh and the east coast of Canada, I am sure we will get ours ;D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nothing forecasted here now, so hopefully we don't get anymore until some of this melts....

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
May I ask why the wipers have to be up? ??? We don't get snow much here and I have never left my wipers up. I think once in about 50 years we had that much snow and the whole area was closed down. Heck, if we get 2" of snow the city closes. lol We do get lots of ice but not much snow.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To keep them from freezing to the glass.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow...I would have taken snow and 20 degrees over what we had, yesterday, any day of the year. It got up to 66 degrees and stormed like nobody's business. Tornadoes all around us....literally about two dozen of them. Many people lost everything....with three losing their lives in Rolla, Mo. I'm so happy it's over and we're moving on....as nothing ended up happening to us other than rain, thunder, lightning and strong winds, but we were truly right between tornadoes. Spent at least an hour in our basement waiting for it to pass....

Today, high will be in the thirties. ::)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, actually I was thinking about you guys yesterday when I heard that news. Joshua was supposed to leave today to head back to Iowa. He decided to hold off one day not just because of the weather, but that helped him in his decision to wait a day. I'll take an extra day, lol!

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
li said:
To keep them from freezing to the glass.

I just spray them with de-icer and turn my defrost on and they are good to go. I go through 2-4 cans a winter.

Wow, I heard about the tornadoes and storms. Glad you are safe Craiger.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pscaulkins said:
Wow, I heard about the tornadoes and storms. Glad you are safe Craiger.

Thanks Sandy! I have to admit...if there's one thing I'm probably most afraid of, it's a tornado. Interestingly, though, even in my fear, many times I'm drawn to watch as the storms arrive....standing outside and watching the clouds rolling through....hoping and praying nothing happens. Maybe it's my desire to be in control of the situation that drives me to do this...you know, protecting my family should one touch down in our path. Whatever the reason, it's both....a fascination and an amazingly intense fear. Regardless, that didn't happen during this past storm. Way too many dropping down around us in a rain-wrapped scenario. Basically, they were on top of people before they even knew they were coming. And I wasn't willing to take that risk.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Snow today on the east coast and we're expected to get more snow here in PA on Tuesday and Wednesday! Better get to the grocery stores now D:

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We had 1/2" for Christmas and another 1/2" a day or so later here in Northern VA. Took a week to melt cuz its soooo cold here (daytime temps r rarely out of the low 30s F). Today we're getting freezing rain (a/k/a sleet). Got about a 1/2" on the ground so far @ 5:00 AM. Its all good though, its Saturday - no school, frig is full, no need to go out - just chilln w/my peeps....LOL!

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep 3-4 inches expected here today and it's coming down lot right now. funn.

Latest posts