• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black Eyed Citrus/Pastel.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More proof that no matter how careful you are you never quite know whats in Your genetic mix.
This Little girl was hatched on 06/11/10. Gemini and Dozer are the Parents.
Not sure if Im gonna keep Her or hold Her back.
IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

Enjoy!!!
Tom
TND Dragons

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she the only trans from the clutch? Thats a strange thing to just pop up lol. Congrats I guess

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She isnt even a trans Brian.
The eyes are the only trait she shows.
Until this point I never even suspected Dozer of having trans genes.
I know Gem doesnt.
I dont know if its congrats or WTF.....lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
not all trans are createde qual. They do not always have the clear scales and they do not always have black eyes. There are many variations. But with black eyes she is a trans just a low grade trams. Im not sure how one would just pop up like that though wonder if its just a fluje thing. I will tell you she could possible be very valuable to a breeder working with trans lines as she would possibly be unrelated (direct line at least unlike most trans) from other breeding stocks

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
not all trans are createde qual. They do not always have the clear scales and they do not always have black eyes. There are many variations. But with black eyes she is a trans just a low grade trams. Im not sure how one would just pop up like that though wonder if its just a fluje thing. I will tell you she could possible be very valuable to a breeder working with trans lines as she would possibly be unrelated (direct line at least unlike most trans) from other breeding stocks

you're talking out the wrong end dearie. GEM has no, and I do mean NO trans genes. Trans require certain genetic alleles to be present that are a direct composit from BOTH parents. Genetic lines can and do play a part, but if they don't exist, they simply don't exist.

unfortunately, according to this picture maximized, the eyes are a very dark shade of gray, not black. Tom, got another pic?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes but just as with the creation of the trans line, odd things can just pop up

and im not talking out my rear as that would mean i was making stuff up lol

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
with black eyes she is a trans just a low grade trams

one trait does not make a morph. it is the combination of several traits produced in a pattern. Anything produced outside that pattern that is not classified within that true genetic line is an anomaly until such time it's tested. People will say about anything to sell dragons. Why not say "they don't have to look like a trans to be a trans".

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
true however it has been shown there are many variations in the trans morph. It is possible for anomallies to pop up, such as this case. Though it wont be proven as a trans unless bred to a trans andproduces trans offspring, based on the "accepted" deffinitions of the trans gene this animal would be considered a trans.

Just like a hypo with high color doesnt really follow what a hypo is it is still considered a hypo and can reproduce the hypo trait.

I feel this is just a random fluke that caused the trans trait to pop out.

Either way it is interesting and as I said could be valuable to a breeder of the trans line.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and which other 3 genetic differences can produce black eyes in reptiles?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
couldnt tell ya cause I do not think or say i know everything about genetics but I do know in the bearded dragon world this dragon would be considered and accepted as a "partial trans" based on what is accepted by the hobby currently

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL
in the bearded dragon world?

where would that be documented exactly? There is no definition for translucent reptile other that what people desiring to make money have given them.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well you can laugh at me or think im talking out my a§§ all you want but it is what it is.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well IDK anything about morphs and stuff, But her eyes are amazing. I love them.

Congrats or WTF as you out it Brian. . . either way shes gorgeous

Latest posts