• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bio tank

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Pardon my lack of math skills. How many bricks of coco fiber would be needed? Once again my terrarium is 4x2x2. thanks so much.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am sorry but if that's supposed to be a link it isn't working for me
how about now?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I’m just binge researching.
I was just visiting biodude and they have this moss
What one would you go with and what quantity?
Also what kind of sand do you recommend?thanks

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The Coco fiber is an excellent choice, I've actually bought from them before. The link to the moss is just a link to a bunch of different mosses. which one were you wanting in particular?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You can use pillow Moss but it is a little difficult to keep alive in my experience. Also if you get this you still need to get sphagnum moss to mix into the substrate for the springtails or isopods to eat.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You can use pillow Moss but it is a little difficult to keep alive in my experience. Also if you get this you still need to get sphagnum moss to mix into the substrate for the springtails or isopods to eat.
If not pillow moss what moss would you go with? I really like the ”neon” green of the pillow moss.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Any type of live moss is going to be difficult to care for and keep alive in my experience, especially since you seem to be new. Sphagnum moss you can just add a bag and mix it in it doesn't have to be SUPER accurate or anything it's just there to have food for the springtails or isopods.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello again, even though I’m going with a biotank should I still use tiles at the bottom of the tank.thanks much.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, there’s all different types of Sphagnum moss. How about this kind? Should I go with 4,8,12 qt. for a 4x2x2 terrarium?thanks so much

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, there’s all different types of Sphagnum moss. How about this kind? Should I go with 4,8,12 qt. for a 4x2x2 terrarium?thanks so much
You can go with that if so I would get 12qt but that is the "fancy" moss. If you would like something cheaper I would go with Exo Terra forest plume Moss.