• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best places to buy crickets. Cheap and get alive.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Please no meal worms for babies they cause impaction and you will end up w/ a big vet bill - your both better off getting insects on line in the long run your going to save money --- dubias are they way to go -- I am sorry but at first I thought the same thing about roaches now I would NEVER go back to crickets - they are escape artist and stink and chirp and UGH --- dubias are more nutritious they dont stink they dont chirp and are very easy to care for --- keep in a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food which last a long time - you can feed carrots for hydration and squash --- I dont know of any place that you can get crickets completely alive --- its just the way it is ---- dubias last better being shipped than crickets - BSFL are little and can be kept in the container they come in and kept in the fridge they go dormant so you would need to pull them out to warm up --- you would need to feed alot if the only staple they are a good compliment to roaches or crickets --- but you must be feeding more than 20 crickets per day -- your dragon should be eating 30 at one feeding alone - he needs the protein to grow -- the insects are his main diet till hes a year old - since dubias are more filling hes going to eat less --- he would need to be fed the size no bigger than the space between his eyes length wise --- again you would save money --- also adding BSFL as well along w/ some small / medium size super worms -- the better the variety the better he will be better off --- only feed 1-3 supers on top of his salads --- no more you dont want him hooked on the worms - you can feed as many as you want of the BSFL -- do not dust them they are calcium enriched --- use them as salad toppers as well --- if you want websites I will post them for you -- but please start feeding your dragon more food and NO meal worms
Thank you for some advic. A lot of it was good but some parts weren’. I am not trying to be rude just as a disclaime. Ok first of it’s not me who does not like roaches it’s my mom and she will never ever have them I have tried. Second of frank is growing just fine off of 15-20 crickets a day I am looking into cheaper website so I can feed 25-40 a day. I am trying to that and I do want wants best for my dragon. also superworms are a lot worms than mealworms and post and even higher risk of impation. Also i have been feeding him mealworms for a while and he’s fine I am switching ro 1-2 mealworms every third day. I have done reasherch before feeding them to him. Also he is never hunger during the day. This is because his breakfast fill him up to the point where he will not eat anymore crickets. And in the morning I put a a hand full of fresh boc cho in his enclosure and whenever he gets a bit hungry he will go And eat it. And at night he Is full before he goes to bed. I really apreaseate the above and a lot this I will do and defi consider thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for some advic. A lot of it was good but some parts weren’. I am not trying to be rude just as a disclaime. Ok first of it’s not me who does not like roaches it’s my mom and she will never ever have them I have tried. Second of frank is growing just fine off of 15-20 crickets a day I am looking into cheaper website so I can feed 25-40 a day. I am trying to that and I do want wants best for my dragon. also superworms are a lot worms than mealworms and post and even higher risk of impation. Also i have been feeding him mealworms for a while and he’s fine I am switching ro 1-2 mealworms every third day. I have done reasherch before feeding them to him. Also he is never hunger during the day. This is because his breakfast fill him up to the point where he will not eat anymore crickets. And in the morning I put a a hand full of fresh boc cho in his enclosure and whenever he gets a bit hungry he will go And eat it. And at night he Is full before he goes to bed. I really apreaseate the above and a lot this I will do and defi consider thank you
I know where your mom is coming from I thought the same thing --- you will get more advice on the dubias --- meal worms are alot more harsh on babies stomachs --- they have a exoskeleton on them that the super worms do not -- I have seen too many die from impaction of meal worms -- as long as your dragon is gaining weight and growing that is good --- by the time hes close to adult around a year he should be weighing in around 300 grams --

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know where your mom is coming from I thought the same thing --- you will get more advice on the dubias --- meal worms are alot more harsh on babies stomachs --- they have a exoskeleton on them that the super worms do not -- I have seen too many die from impaction of meal worms -- as long as your dragon is gaining weight and growing that is good --- by the time hes close to adult around a year he should be weighing in around 300 grams --
I will weight him right know and the. Let you know

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Right know he is 19 grams. So a bit on the light site but that’s because I need to get more crickets so I have been feeding him backup food until I can get more
As long as hes growing and gaining I would be feeding him salads every morning --- its hard to get them to eat them w/ out lures to the bowl - super worms and BSFL are great for that heres a website for nutrition to add to variety of salads
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
As long as hes growing and gaining I would be feeding him salads every morning --- its hard to get them to eat them w/ out lures to the bowl - super worms and BSFL are great for that heres a website for nutrition to add to variety of salads
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
i heard that it’s like that for a lot of dragon but not for frank. He eats his greens right up. He definitely prefers his crickets but he will definitely eat greens. I am going to get more greens so in the mean time I just gave him a pit of parcly witch is only good in meduim sized portions

Latest posts