• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best places to buy crickets. Cheap and get alive.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Aww I'm a freshman, i totally get it. I dont have a job either. My parents are making me do litterally EVERYTHING around the house to pay for food, so im trying ti start my own dubia roach colony

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My mom does not want roaches in are hours so there are out of the question. And I am really trying to ave money. Frank seams perfectly heathy even though I give him 15-20 crickets a day and salad on the ground that he eats

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Wow... that's not a lot. I understand financial issues, how cold is it where you live? Maybe you could keep the roaches out in the garage or shed if you have one

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Haha, colorado for me, and its 25 degrees and about 1 foot of snow lol. I hope you find a place.. i honestly dont know anywhere to buy crickets

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Lol well I live in Ohio and right now it is 21 degrees and about 6 inches of snow
Would you be okay with keeping worms (specifically black soldier fly larvae) in the house?
You can also try explaining that dubias are clean, quiet, don't fly/climb, and won't infest the house, and that they're much cheaper than crickets.

https://www.thecritterdepot.com/products/bulk-crickets-for-sale?variant=6970265174070 has free shipping and decent prices. Some pet stores offer cheap feeders as well, you can try looking for discount stores.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Would you be okay with keeping worms (specifically black soldier fly larvae) in the house?
You can also try explaining that dubias are clean, quiet, don't fly/climb, and won't infest the house, and that they're much cheaper than crickets.

https://www.thecritterdepot.com/products/bulk-crickets-for-sale?variant=6970265174070 has free shipping and decent prices. Some pet stores offer cheap feeders as well, you can try looking for discount stores.
That is a good idea but I already have mealworms just to ad some variety to Frank’s diet even though I keep them in the fridge and only feed them every other day in very small portiones my mom still hates them Lol. and I don’t think my mom would like larva in the house ether

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That is a good idea but I already have mealworms just to ad some variety to Frank’s diet even though I keep them in the fridge and only feed them every other day in very small portiones my mom still hates them Lol. and I don’t think my mom would like larva in the house ether
Also I already shop at a pet store and it’s 15 dollars for 150 every 2 weeks.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
.... I fed my baby mealworms and she got impacted. I was doing the same as you, only every other day and in small amounts. Still got impacted. Im so happy shes fine now. My mom also hates bugs. She hates the beardie too but i convinced her lol.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
.... I fed my baby mealworms and she got impacted. I was doing the same as you, only every other day and in small amounts. Still got impacted. Im so happy shes fine now. My mom also hates bugs. She hates the beardie too but i convinced her lol.
I am still going to feed. And when I mean small I mean it I feed at most three small but thanks anyway

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok just make sure she poops normally. And if he shows sign of impaction stop feeding. Give a warm bath and massage his tummy every to make sure he poops. :)

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Yup sound exactly like Sunny , this was a few weeks ago

Attachments

• DSCF0249.JPG
    DSCF0249.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please no meal worms for babies they cause impaction and you will end up w/ a big vet bill - your both better off getting insects on line in the long run your going to save money --- dubias are they way to go -- I am sorry but at first I thought the same thing about roaches now I would NEVER go back to crickets - they are escape artist and stink and chirp and UGH --- dubias are more nutritious they dont stink they dont chirp and are very easy to care for --- keep in a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food which last a long time - you can feed carrots for hydration and squash --- I dont know of any place that you can get crickets completely alive --- its just the way it is ---- dubias last better being shipped than crickets - BSFL are little and can be kept in the container they come in and kept in the fridge they go dormant so you would need to pull them out to warm up --- you would need to feed alot if the only staple they are a good compliment to roaches or crickets --- but you must be feeding more than 20 crickets per day -- your dragon should be eating 30 at one feeding alone - he needs the protein to grow -- the insects are his main diet till hes a year old - since dubias are more filling hes going to eat less --- he would need to be fed the size no bigger than the space between his eyes length wise --- again you would save money --- also adding BSFL as well along w/ some small / medium size super worms -- the better the variety the better he will be better off --- only feed 1-3 supers on top of his salads --- no more you dont want him hooked on the worms - you can feed as many as you want of the BSFL -- do not dust them they are calcium enriched --- use them as salad toppers as well --- if you want websites I will post them for you -- but please start feeding your dragon more food and NO meal worms

Latest posts