• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best online bug store for the northwest?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I ordered silk worms and bsfl! I went to the store and got super worms and horn worms. How many super worms should I feed him a day?
3 super worms every other day or every couple of days-

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Yes those are the best w/ dragons w/ gout --- your going to need to feed at least 75 BSFL per feeding I am thinking if you feed both he wont eat as many of the BSFL -- he should get about 4-5 of the silk worms per feeding and depending on the size- have you fed him the BSFL yet? Hes still young so he needs the protein every day till hes a year old ---- how did you determine he has gout -- he is pretty young for that ? Did you have a uric acid test done on him? What is the UVB your using?
Is it ok if I feed 25 bsfl and 3 silk worms per feeding so I don’t use the bsfl so fast?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it ok if I feed 25 bsfl and 3 silk worms per feeding so I don’t use the bsfl so fast?
You can but watch his appetite if he is acting like hes still hungry offer more silks -- you dont want him losing weight- offer more salads ---

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
You can but watch his appetite if he is acting like hes still hungry offer more silks -- you dont want him losing weight- offer more salads ---
hello, my beardie is getting closer to a year old! I was wondering how I should change his diet? Right now I am feeding 4-5 silk worms every day/feeding 75 BSFL everyday/feeding and 3 superworms every other day/feeding (just to clarify I only feed one kind of feeder a day/feeding)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hello, my beardie is getting closer to a year old! I was wondering how I should change his diet? Right now I am feeding 4-5 silk worms every day/feeding 75 BSFL everyday/feeding and 3 superworms every other day/feeding (just to clarify I only feed one kind of feeder a day/feeding)
Are you feeding salads? He should be on salads and your insects should go down to insects/ worms 2-3 days per week - if you aren't feeding salads now please start tomorrow- use those BSFL to lure him to the salad bowl so whatever your feeding those in put salad in and top w/ the BSFL -
Ignore the kale info its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Are you feeding salads? He should be on salads and your insects should go down to insects/ worms 2-3 days per week - if you aren't feeding salads now please start tomorrow- use those BSFL to lure him to the salad bowl so whatever your feeding those in put salad in and top w/ the BSFL -
Ignore the kale info its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I am feeding salads with different kinds of greens daily right now.

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
I should still feed salads daily correct?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I should still feed salads daily correct?
Yes that should be the main diet now - when babies the ratio is 80% bugs 20% salad -- after a year old that flips - he still should get calcium D3 once a week if using a T 5 or 12% UVB - if its a T 8 he should have it 2-3 times per week - T 8's are not as strong as the T 5's - you can use regular calcium w/ NO phosphate on the days hes not getting the D3 w/ the T 5

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Yes that should be the main diet now - when babies the ratio is 80% bugs 20% salad -- after a year old that flips - he still should get calcium D3 once a week if using a T 5 or 12% UVB - if its a T 8 he should have it 2-3 times per week - T 8's are not as strong as the T 5's - you can use regular calcium w/ NO phosphate on the days hes not getting the D3 w/ the T 5
Should I offer salads 2 times a day? I have a t-5 so one feeding I should put with d3 and the other 2 feeding without d3/phosphate? Also I do feed bsfl so on these days should I not dust?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I offer salads 2 times a day? I have a t-5 so one feeding I should put with d3 and the other 2 feeding without d3/phosphate? Also I do feed bsfl so on these days should I not dust?
You can feed salads twice a day- let him eat as much as he can of salads - I would not dust the insects w/ regular calcium w/ you feeding bsfl they are calcium enriched - just dust w/ the d3- once per week

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
You can feed salads twice a day- let him eat as much as he can of salads - I would not dust the insects w/ regular calcium w/ you feeding bsfl they are calcium enriched - just dust w/ the d3- once per week
Ok thanks so much!