• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best online bug store for the northwest?

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
My pet stores only have crickets and I want to switch up my beardies proteins. I was wondering what online store is the best for live bugs in the northwest area.

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Critter Depot - Superworms 500 $28 included shipping. Good quality, no dead.
Dubia Deli - Roaches wait for 40 -50% off sales ATM 100 1" $14.40 + $8 shipping
My last order was 7/8" for $11
Good quality.
BSSFL - Symtonbsf.com - 1st time ordering
BSFL 200 Large $7.00 + $3.95
Can't tell u the quality or what they consider large.
My dragon gave up on crickets and I'm not sorry. Die too fast, stink, hard to maintain

Kfo86jr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not to sure of any in the northwest.

I've used...

AAFeeders (kinda expensive), ABDragons (very good), Dubia.com(good selection), Symton (the shipping is terrible with them though, the hub in Houston it goes thru is terrible they lost both my orders)

I wouldn't bother with Grubterra for BSFL. they ship them in compost pretty much and it isn't pleasant..

Now that my dragon is a adult I don't need to buy large quantities and my local pet store carries what I need. If I had to order online.. Dubia.com and ABDragons would get my money. Quality feeders from both of them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Where should I get silk worms?
www.reptilianarts.com
www.coastalsilkworms.com
I have not gotten silks for a long time -- have gotten from both places coastal has two places west coast and east coast was not happy w/ the last order I did get from them but that was a few years ago -
these guys have great super worms --- they are only large tho --

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
www.reptilianarts.com
www.coastalsilkworms.com
I have not gotten silks for a long time -- have gotten from both places coastal has two places west coast and east coast was not happy w/ the last order I did get from them but that was a few years ago -
these guys have great super worms --- they are only large tho --
Thanks what size bsfl and silk worms should I get?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks what size bsfl and silk worms should I get?
How big is the dragon? If its a juvie/ adult get large BSFL and the silk worm come in small medium and large -- look at the inches on the website - it will say if your dragon is a adult they will eat large

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
How big is the dragon? If its a juvie/ adult get large BSFL and the silk worm come in small medium and large -- look at the inches on the website - it will say if your dragon is a adult they will eat large
He is 10 months old so large I am assuming?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How many should I feed a week? He has gout to factor in.
Yes those are the best w/ dragons w/ gout --- your going to need to feed at least 75 BSFL per feeding I am thinking if you feed both he wont eat as many of the BSFL -- he should get about 4-5 of the silk worms per feeding and depending on the size- have you fed him the BSFL yet? Hes still young so he needs the protein every day till hes a year old ---- how did you determine he has gout -- he is pretty young for that ? Did you have a uric acid test done on him? What is the UVB your using? coil or a tube this is going to help w/ the gout factor -- any swollen limbs?

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
I got a blood test and a sample done of her swollen joint to determine the gout. I got her on allopurinol and changed his diet to more veggies less protein. Now the joint is almost back to normal! His fingers are still curled and I was wondering if I could do anything to fix them. This is why I am switching his diet from crickets to bsfl and silk worms.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Arcadia t5 12% uvb tube is what I use
Great bulb where is it in the tank ? Top of screen or inside the tank? He should be eating around 4-5 worms per feeding you can try offering him more in a 2nd feeding --- the BSFL are small so start w/ 75 at a feeding - if he doesnt eat that many thats ok hes getting the silks -- I would look at maybe breeding them since your going to be putting him on a diet of those - once he turns a year old he will not need the protein every day but every 2-3 times per week - re you offering other worms like horn or super or meal ? those also will fill him up ---

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Great bulb where is it in the tank ? Top of screen or inside the tank? He should be eating around 4-5 worms per feeding you can try offering him more in a 2nd feeding --- the BSFL are small so start w/ 75 at a feeding - if he doesnt eat that many thats ok hes getting the silks -- I would look at maybe breeding them since your going to be putting him on a diet of those - once he turns a year old he will not need the protein every day but every 2-3 times per week - re you offering other worms like horn or super or meal ? those also will fill him up ---
It’s under the screen a little more then 12in away! What other worms would you recommend for a beardie with gout. I’m only giving crickets right now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s under the screen a little more then 12in away! What other worms would you recommend for a beardie with gout. I’m only giving crickets right now
Ok so you have it placed good -- as far as worms super horn meal worms -- all are good its the roaches that are high in the uric acid - feed them as normal --- every couple of days - the horn you can feed every day 1-2 they are a good hydrating worm -

Debbrat057

Bearded Dragon Egg
Critter Depot - Superworms 500 $28 included shipping. Good quality, no dead.
Dubia Deli - Roaches wait for 40 -50% off sales ATM 100 1" $14.40 + $8 shipping
My last order was 7/8" for $11
Good quality.
BSSFL - Symtonbsf.com - 1st time ordering
BSFL 200 Large $7.00 + $3.95
Can't tell u the quality or what they consider large.
My dragon gave up on crickets and I'm not sorry. Die too fast, stink, hard to maintain
Try REPTILIAN ART.. here's a code for 10 percent off (FEEDER10). Fast shipping good prices

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so you have it placed good -- as far as worms super horn meal worms -- all are good its the roaches that are high in the uric acid - feed them as normal --- every couple of days - the horn you can feed every day 1-2 they are a good hydrating worm -
I ordered silk worms and bsfl! I went to the store and got super worms and horn worms. How many super worms should I feed him a day?