• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Belly pattern.

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I've just been reading other forums and due to the lack of activity on thoes post I started a new one. Someone was saying their stress marks and go away when not stressed.
I don't think that's true.
My beardie has the spots occasionally very dark noticeable spots.
Often these occur when he Is warm and fade as he gets cooler example. When I wake up and he's sleeping. I turn his light on to feed him and I'll grab him, when he first wakes up after basking all night there very dark but the longer I hold him they fade. Same with if hes basking full mouth open basking.. I can see the spots and as I take him out they disappear so he's not stressed.. But still temporarily gets them

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are both the dark helps them absorb heat but Thay are also when he is stressed and any little thing can cause them to stress it may only be for a few minutes or can last longer. If he is an adult male and you want to see how fast he gets stressed and the marks come out put another male in front of him. You often see the stress marks on a dragon that is in with other dragons.

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Weird haha, I think non that I've had him long enough like 2 months. He doesn't get stressed about anything I'l can reach in there and grab him not let him walk on me just grab him and I'll play with him or try and set him in his back just so he can try to turn back around or I like to set him on the dog I think he's just not very timid dragon when I picked him out as Just a baby I determined which one I'd get by which one didnt run from my hand and he has yet to do so I've never been bit, hissed at one time during his first shed I peeled some off haha whoops mistake on my part but he seems to be a pretty chillaxed dragon I like to put him on my chest and cover up with blankets he will usually fall right asleep I think he's 3 months old. About six-seven inches long I and I feed him like 15 crickets in the morning at whenever else he looks hungry which I determine by If I set the cricket keeper near the cage and if he starts trying to lunge at them I Feed him. I hope he gets HugE

Latest posts