• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie won't eat her greens

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've only given her romaine lettuce and tomatoes. The first day I had her she ate a little bit of lettuce. Now she only licks the tomatoes and lettuce and walks away. Should I try different foods? I'm also kind of confused on how much I should be feeding her daily because right now, shes been eating about 6-8 crickets a day and my friend is telling me that I'm over feeding her. Please help, she's basically on a cricket only diet right now

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Not sure the age but she is 8 1/2 inches. And my friend has never owned one, that's why I'm going to take whatever advice I get on here over his. I'll probably run out tomorrow and buy some more food. For the live part of her diet, is keeping it strictly crickets ok? or should I mix it up?

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
THANK YOU! That chart is exactly what I need. So its normal that she eats that many crickets once a day? should I feed her more or add another meal time? And I have dusted the crickets with calcium. I've fed her two days with dusted crickets and today they were not dusted. Should I dust them all the time? Sorry for the questions. She's a beautiful dragon and I want to learn a lot about them before I go out and buy more without my mistakes affecting her.

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
haha yea, exactly how I'm feeling at this point. I only feed her once a day. I've put lettuce inside her set up everyday but she only ate it once. And I have no clue on whether she drinks out of her water bowl. Yes, I am completely new to this. I got one for my bday so I've kind of jumped into it

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
This is the only pic that shows her colors well. I'll take more because I still don't know what kind she is and people on this forum want a closer picture.

hailey3.jpg

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hiya, if this is a recent pic your dragon is still a baby. Keep at it whith the greens they will eventually eat them, but at the moment it will be more live than green that it will be eating. When I had babies like that I gave them as many crix as they would eat for about 15 mins twice a day, but if you can put them in a seperate container while you are feeding him, that way you know they are getting all the food and there are no strays in the viv. When you are giving the greens are you chopping/cutting it up small? they dont like great big bits of green, try to make it no bigger than the space between their eyes. Dust the greens & live 4-5 times a week with calcium and once a week with a vitamin suppliment.
Hope this helps :)

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What kind of lighting you have will determine what calcium to use ,what are your temps and what do you have her in .feed them as much as she can eat in 15 min 2 times a day till she gets a little older.soak he at least one time a week do not mist unless your temps a just rite and your setup has good air circulation if not it can become to humid or damp and result in a respiratory infection.

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She's in a temporary 10 gallon tank until either I transfer her over to a 29g or just buy a 55g. I did fill her bowl in her tank with romaine lettuce and she ate a lot of it through out the day. I'll test my temp tomorrow.

Latest posts