• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie online

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
I was wondering based off of these pictures, if anyone could tell if anything serious is going on with his tail?
I'll post more if I recieve more.
She said the previous owner said it got injured, and fell off and that the vet said everything was okay..
I asked for vet records but wasn't able to get them.
She also said the tip is black so of course that's concerning.
This person is looking to rehome this guy after having him for 3 weeks, and if it is something serious, is there anything I can recommend for her that would be better than just trying to find a " good home".
Are there good spcas, or rescue places that would take him if so?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220830-190727_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-190727_Chrome.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 34
  • processed-f1864868-45eb-4e28-941b-1da7f627bd90_3uMjueoB.jpeg
    processed-f1864868-45eb-4e28-941b-1da7f627bd90_3uMjueoB.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 33

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was wondering based off of these pictures, if anyone could tell if anything serious is going on with his tail?
I'll post more if I recieve more.
She said the previous owner said it got injured, and fell off and that the vet said everything was okay..
I asked for vet records but wasn't able to get them.
She also said the tip is black so of course that's concerning.
This person is looking to rehome this guy after having him for 3 weeks, and if it is something serious, is there anything I can recommend for her that would be better than just trying to find a " good home".
Are there good spcas, or rescue places that would take him if so?
Is this the same dragon? The tail looks ok - the surface basking temps and the UVB are critical for a dragons health - if those are not correct there could be some other health issues we cant see going on but from the outside the dragon looks good --

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
Is this the same dragon? The tail looks ok - the surface basking temps and the UVB are critical for a dragons health - if those are not correct there could be some other health issues we cant see going on but from the outside the dragon looks good --
Thanks for your response! This is a dragon I came across online, he's four years old and needs to be rehomed so I'm contemplating it. Have this urge to help him but a bit nervous

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for your response! This is a dragon I came across online, he's four years old and needs to be rehomed so I'm contemplating it. Have this urge to help him but a bit nervous
I understand --- if he doesnt end up w/ someone who can provide the proper husbandry he wont make it long

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
I understand --- if he doesnt end up w/ someone who can provide the proper husbandry he wont make it long
Exactly :( and I have the proper set up so I'd love to give him a good home.
I'm just wondering why they won't send pictures of the tip of the tail if they say is black :/ what's your opinion about finding animals online such as craiglist etc?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Exactly :( and I have the proper set up so I'd love to give him a good home.
I'm just wondering why they won't send pictures of the tip of the tail if they say is black :/ what's your opinion about finding animals online such as craiglist etc?
Not good but we help people all the time - how far is the dragon from you?

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
He is a 40 minute ferry ride, and maybe an hour drive away .

I do have money to care properly for him, for proper food, changing lights correctly etc , but I can't say I have the extra money to spend on an extra vet bill right now as my previous Beardie costed 1,200 for surgery & didn't make it:( and that's what makes me feel hesitant.

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
She just sent these now:) does that tail look fine to you?

My old guy I rescued previously he wasn't really healthy but with the proper care, he thrived, the vet was so happy with his progress

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-125702_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-125702_Chrome.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220831-125710_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-125710_Chrome.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 24

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is a 40 minute ferry ride, and maybe an hour drive away .

I do have money to care properly for him, for proper food, changing lights correctly etc , but I can't say I have the extra money to spend on an extra vet bill right now as my previous Beardie costed 1,200 for surgery & didn't make it:( and that's what makes me feel hesitant.
I understand sorry for your loss- insist on the pic of the tail- if it is infection it needs to addressed now-- otherwise it will kill the dragon-- if it's not bad enough it can be healed at home sometimes it may require amputation saving the dragons life- that is not black it looks like some shed hanging on

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
I understand sorry for your loss- insist on the pic of the tail- if it is infection it needs to addressed now-- otherwise it will kill the dragon-- if it's not bad enough it can be healed at home sometimes it may require amputation saving the dragons life- that is not black it looks like some shed hanging on
Exactly and thatsvwhat happened to my previous guy, he went in for surgery for amputation but never woke up.. thank you for your replies. It helps me big time and I appreciate the guidance .
I'm thinking I cannot pass up on this boy. The photo of his enclosure alone makes me so sad.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Exactly and thatsvwhat happened to my previous guy, he went in for surgery for amputation but never woke up.. thank you for your replies. It helps me big time and I appreciate the guidance .
I'm thinking I cannot pass up on this boy. The photo of his enclosure alone makes me so sad.
Please rescue as soon as you can please keep updated if you decide to get him

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I definitely will! If that is possibly stuck shed, what else other than warm baths can I do to help ?
Just let it do its thing --- you can always use some neosporin that has no pain reliever in it - it will loosen and soften the skin and prevent infection as well

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
He will be dropped off with my friend tomorrow evening, and I'll be able to pick him up POSSIBLY tomorrow, but most likely Saturday.
I have the betadine solution at home , is that what I should clean out my beardies tank in completely ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He will be dropped off with my friend tomorrow evening, and I'll be able to pick him up POSSIBLY tomorrow, but most likely Saturday.
I have the betadine solution at home , is that what I should clean out my beardies tank in completely ?
No betadine for cleaning the tank --- please get some Zoo Med's WipeOut or some Rescue on line or I recommend some F10 - that is a vet disinfectant and will kill everything in the tank - its a concentrate so you will need to mix w/ water in a bottle - it lasts a long time and good for deep cleaning and when your dragon has parasites - you will probably need to order it on line from Amazon or Ebay - you can mix some bleach and water mixture to clean the tank now but make sure it is aired out really good before you put him in it -- clean all the decor pieces as well - and they need to be rinsed and aired too -
betadine is for soaking your dragon in mixed in water -- make it weak like a tea for soaking - you would do that for like plugged femoral pores or wounds --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks! With the F10, should I be letting all that air out too?
The F10 has no smell - I use it and I have never smelled any smell - I usually spray it down or take a cloth w/ water on it and wash it down after it sits for 10 min w/ the F10 on it and then dry the tiles - also the heat in the tank will dry it out as well -

Bkanak

Hatchling Dragon
He is with my friend now, and this is another picture of his tail.
Still look okay? I don't need to worry about the coloring?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220901-195713_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-195713_Snapchat.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 20