• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie has bump on nostril, help.

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just noticed a bump on my beardies nostril today, I can't even see his nostril itself. Any advice on what this is and what I should do?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you could post a clear pic of the affected area, someone may be able to help you. It is too difficult from a vague description. ;)

WelcomeToTheForums.jpg

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a picture of it but unfortunately I have no computer and am using my iPhone. This site doesn't seem to have a way to upload from my phone.

The best way I can describe it is that it's his left nostril, and it looks as if the bump is actually blocking his nostril on that side. It's not soft, it's slightly lighter colored than the rest of his face. He's not acting any differently, and I can touch it without it seeming to hurt him. It seems like he got it over night. I'm just worried that it could be something that is serious.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hard to tell without a picture. it could just be a plug that they get sometimes that will come out when he sheds as they also shed the insides of their nostrils. you could email one of us the picture if you like.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it's a plug, like mentioned above is part of shedding & is common. As the nostrils shed, the bump you are seeing will push out.

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
I wouldn't mind emailing someone the picture. The thing is is that it's not inside his nose, it's a bump outside his nostril covering up his air passage on the left side.

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's been a few weeks and my bearded dragon still has a bump on his nose. It does not seem to be going away. Any ideas of what it could be?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Does it look like skin that is loosening or a possible infection? A pic would be very helpful.

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
I can send you pictures through email if you'd like. Again, unfortunately I have only an iPhone to post from right now and the site doesn't seem to have a way to post with that format. I really am worried at this point, but he's acting normal. He does seem to get mad when I touch it in the wrong areas though.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can send you pictures through email if you'd like. Again, unfortunately I have only an iPhone to post from right now and the site doesn't seem to have a way to post with that format. I really am worried at this point, but he's acting normal. He does seem to get mad when I touch it in the wrong areas though.
No worries, send a couple pics to [email protected] and I can post them for you. Hopefully we can get this figured out for you soon.

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I made it to a computer finally! Here are some pictures of his nose.
It seems to be pretty swollen as well, poor little guy :(

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    469.2 KB · Views: 599
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 571

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh, and don't mind his foot, he lost it when he was a hatchling but he doesn't seem to even notice it's gone. It's healed, I actually treated him for months. He's a trooper for making it through his ordeal.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww, poor guy. Looks like an infection may have formed in the nostril. Have you made a trip to a vet yet?

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not yet, it's hard to find a good vet for reptiles, but I will definitely take him in if he needs the care. I just wasn't sure if it would go away on it's own.

cadiemyers

Bearded Dragon Egg
It seems to be more painful to the touch, but he still has a bIg appetite and high energy. I found a vet and will be taking him asap.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad you found a vet, please keep us posted.

Latest posts