• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Gulping

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've got a sulking blinky lol I take them out for worms and she ate hers then went to get dinkys so I told her no and put her back in viv while dinky finished hers. When I took her out again after for a run around she wanted to go back in now she hid under her bridge sulking while dinky on bed smiling lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
I've got a sulking blinky lol I take them out for worms and she ate hers then went to get dinkys so I told her no and put her back in viv while dinky finished hers. When I took her out again after for a run around she wanted to go back in now she hid under her bridge sulking while dinky on bed smiling lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
hahaha!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh wow, I had no idea you could do testing by mail! I just checked out the website, some of the pages don't seem to be working- they are blank including the fecal testing page. :(
Yea they are in the works it looks you can also go to the facebook page too..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was always told the feces had to be fresh not over 24 hours old. The feces will show different readings if it's older then 24 hours. So I'm not sure how the mail in one works.

My personal opinion is get her to the herp vet if you have never taken her. My Wally has been 2 times just in 3 months but he was also sick with pinworms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really depends on what is being looked for but the big ones that cause alot of issues are found still when going 2 day mail.. Most beardies have some pinworms already in their bellies its when they are stressed and already ill that's when the pinworms get out of control causing issues and needing meds.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She has no problem with powders, I was just curious. There is a vet that I took my parakeet to a few years back and my iguana to years and years ago. This is where I will take her, and they have an info page on diseases... I think she may have MBD :(
http://www.vcahospitals.com/smoketo...e/animal-health/bearded-dragons-diseases/1060
powders are the better of the options..typical ones are a multivit powder this should have D3 in it, calcium without D3, bee pollen, probiotic. I also have on hand and dust with dandelion powder and alfalfa powder.

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
good news... Today Cinnamon pooped and the white urate was soft and it all did not smell as badly as in the past. She seems more chipper too. Yay!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow!! That is great news!! I'm so proud of Cinnamon!! Yay for having soft urate!! Lol

How is the gulping? And leg twitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
UPDATE ON CINNAMON. My mother watched her while we were on vacation for a week and she stayed the same in symptoms. Not much eating, pooped once, very lazy, leg twitches and gulping. This morning she had 3 (what looked like) seizures within 30 minutes and we rushed her to the vet. When she had the seizures, her body contorted to the right side. It was hard to watch, my daughter burst out in tears. The would only last about 30 seconds then she would go back to normal and close her eyes. The poor thing. My heart broke.

The doc is a herb doc and has owned his own beardies. He had pictures of them on his wall. This made me feel good. He examined her and with all the details I gave him he said it is definitely calcium deficiency. He said she is in good body shape, her tail is still nice and fat. He said that her body needed more calcium for her reproductive organs. The gulping and twitching was from the calcium deficiency. He gave her a Vitamin A & D injection and some Neo-Calglucon syrup we give her 2x daily. He said her tank setup and temps were good and to take away the mesh that the lights sit on so there is no interference between them and her. He also said to get her out in the sun for at least 20 minutes per day and limit her stress level and we should see an improvement.

Attachments

• 20160820_134756.jpg
    20160820_134756.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 29

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe that has to be hard to watch for sure... Glad you got her in and got a dx! That is way easy to fix! lots of items that you can feed to increase that! and yea good access to the UVB and heat to synthesize calcium from the food is key..

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
Update on Cinnamon.
Things are not good. In the past week since her doc visit, she has gone downhill. She stopped eating. She has gradually lessened using her front legs and can't walk normally. The doc says all we can do at this point is keep her comfortable and try to force feed her some Ensure or baby food and keep getting her out in the sun. Our hearts are breaking. :(

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update on Cinnamon.
Things are not good. In the past week since her doc visit, she has gone downhill. She stopped eating. She has gradually lessened using her front legs and can't walk normally. The doc says all we can do at this point is keep her comfortable and try to force feed her some Ensure or baby food and keep getting her out in the sun. Our hearts are breaking. :(

Oh man I was hoping that she was improving at least a bit... :( I can't even imagine what you are all going thru.. I am keeping Cinnamon in my thoughts and prayers!! I wish you all peace

Latest posts