• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Gulping

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah, I am a novice when it comes to dubias... do you breed your dubias?

Not yet but we are talking about it as his appetite has tripled in the last 2 weeks. But when I first got him he was really sick with pinworms. Vet put him on Panacur for 4 weeks which made him even sicker. So he was getting slurries of baby food, probiotics, powders, bee pollen, etc. Anyways now that he's eating about 15 dubia's a day instead of 15 a week e talked about breeding them. If I do breed them I will need a few months to get it going but once it gets going I will have to look into selling the extra. As they multiply FAST! And by then he should be eating more greens, which he literally just last week ate his greens for the first time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awe well I am glad you got him better! Do you get your dubais from a local pet shop or online?

Sorry I was cleaning the kitchen. Lol

No I get them from a local guy. He breeds them and is willing to help set me up with what I need to start breeding them. Of course I have to buy everything!

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so Cinnamon just pooped and her urate (the white part) was rock hard. The poop stank too but not horribly. I did not see any bug parts in it. She peed too.

Another thing I forgot to mention... Her back legs sometimes twitch.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Okay so it sounds like she is dehydrated. She needs more water. How many times do you bath her?

How many times a day does she get sprayed and water dripped to get lips?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good conversation going on here.. you've been given good advice. Open up the top, take out the water dish, this can really raise humidity levels. Are her urates (pee) white? if not it could be several things 1. dehydration 2. too much calcium. If the poop is peel the paint off the walls fills up the room rank...yes that can be parasites, if you see lots of bug parts that means they have not been digested well and that means need more heat/UVB. Have you had a fecal done lately? I wouldn't spray the water into her mouth as you can easily get it in her lungs, it's best if you dribble it on her nose and let her lick it up or encourage her to drink by dribbling while in the bath. How often you should bathe is up to you and her I give mine daily bath time as thats where mine do their business. some go every day some every other some once a week...They will get most of their moisture from the bugs, and greens, you can also spritz a small amount around her head as in nature they will lick water droplets..
Otherwise she looks good from the picture..

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
She usually gets a bath 1 or 2 times a week, I will give her more baths and drop water on her nose more often. I don't spray water in her mouth, just lightly pump the spray bottle so it drips on her nose. She might have been getting too much calcium, I will admit. I read the supplemental facts from the links on this blog and found that out. I will get it right. I have never had her to a vet, so I have not had a fecal done. Thanks for the imput! I'm glad she looks good to you on her pics.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She usually gets a bath 1 or 2 times a week, I will give her more baths and drop water on her nose more often. I don't spray water in her mouth, just lightly pump the spray bottle so it drips on her nose. She might have been getting too much calcium, I will admit. I read the supplemental facts from the links on this blog and found that out. I will get it right. I have never had her to a vet, so I have not had a fecal done. Thanks for the imput! I'm glad she looks good to you on her pics.
No worries sometimes it just takes time to figure it all out, that's why we are all here...somewhere on here I put a resource for Doctor Dragon's they do mail in fecals for $12 I'll get a link again for ya...http://www.blackbearddragons.com/ or on facebook doctor dragons https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009785448026

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
Oh wow, I had no idea you could do testing by mail! I just checked out the website, some of the pages don't seem to be working- they are blank including the fecal testing page. :(

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I was always told the feces had to be fresh not over 24 hours old. The feces will show different readings if it's older then 24 hours. So I'm not sure how the mail in one works.

My personal opinion is get her to the herp vet if you have never taken her. My Wally has been 2 times just in 3 months but he was also sick with pinworms.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran

Toothless733

Hatchling Dragon
20160804_121142_2.jpg

Petsmart only had 50 watt (no 60 watt) spots so I got one. Came home for lunch today and she was basking, a good sign. I got her to drink some water over lunch. Hy husband said she did eat some greens this morning.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
View attachment 15175

Petsmart only had 50 watt (no 60 watt) spots so I got one. Came home for lunch today and she was basking, a good sign. I got her to drink some water over lunch. Hy husband said she did eat some greens this morning.

Awesome!!! That's great sign!! I'm so happy for her basking and eating, way to go Cinnamon!!!!

Latest posts