• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie ate sapling

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, it's me again... It's been a few days and she just passed this. It looks like there wasn't much poop or urate in her system, and I have been giving her daily warm water baths at the suggestion of my vet...maybe the bath encouraged her to poop even though this was all she had? I'm concerned about the urate, do you have an idea why it would be shriveled like this?
Are you feeding the bsfl now? That's gonna effect the poop especially if she's eating them too fast- they will come out undigested - the urate is fine it's white formed and moist that's what you want - and I would back off on the baths daily are going to dry out her scales- adult dragons can go weeks w/ out pooping - that is normal -

haleygreer

Hatchling Dragon
Are you feeding the bsfl now? That's gonna effect the poop especially if she's eating them too fast- they will come out undigested - the urate is fine it's white formed and moist that's what you want - and I would back off on the baths daily are going to dry out her scales- adult dragons can go weeks w/ out pooping - that is normal -
They haven't arrived yet, I ordered some BSFL and some silkworms on friday! I dusted her greens with some repashy calcium plus today but I don't think it would have passed through that quickly. I'll back off the baths, I was happy to see that this is the first poop without a pink tinge on the urate. It's hard to find good sources online, how many BSFL and/or silkworms would you recommend in a weekly feeding for a 635g beardie? (I know that seems too big but her proportions are good, she's just a large girl)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They haven't arrived yet, I ordered some BSFL and some silkworms on friday! I dusted her greens with some repashy calcium plus today but I don't think it would have passed through that quickly. I'll back off the baths, I was happy to see that this is the first poop without a pink tinge on the urate. It's hard to find good sources online, how many BSFL and/or silkworms would you recommend in a weekly feeding for a 635g beardie? (I know that seems too big but her proportions are good, she's just a large girl)
She should get insects 2-3 times a week - bsfl 50-75-- silks large 4 - if you feed both probably 50- see what she eats when you feed her and go from there--