• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragons an water

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
not really when i put her in the bath i need to keep my hand under her head or she just gots mental and wants out and when my hands their she really just sits their and i soak her back she is really not a water lover lol maybe comes from her pet shop days she was bascally rescued from the shop from my friend.when she got her she was missing part of her tail and a claw :(:( so im geussing she was never really introduced to water till my friend got her i mean even though she refuses to go near water she eats veggies to get water i spray her twice a day and i give her a drink of water with the liquid supliment in it witch i dont really need to do the whole forcing her mouth open to do that she laps it up fine all on her own

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok well after me searching for help on getting my morgan to enjoy water she decided after the third reheat of the water to jump off my hand and straight in the water (not from high) and not only did she have a little swish around she cleaned her nose out witch is a first today for the first time my wee morgan left my hand in water to go explore for herself im soooo proud of her

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yup just hoping she keeps up with this i will be well chuft if she continues on this path of enjoying water thanks for the advice and help people btw :D

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yup just hoping she keeps up with this i will be well chuft if she continues on this path of enjoying water thanks for the advice and help people btw :D

Thanks for being a part of the forum

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
no worries thanks very much for having me here bill :D and thanks for the great support that i can get from this forum :D makes me as a first time reptile owner a little less nervous knowing ive got someplace to come to for advice on the little things in life lol

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine love baths. I have a couple who think they are little crocodiles LOL
now that she is getting used to the water she thinks shes a croc to she gave me a heart attack when she had a little swim with her nose in the water lol

c0linaf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My Beardie never goes near his water bowl and if I try to get him interested, he doesn't even notice it. I read somewhere that they have a problem perceiving water in a bowl as it is clear and hard to see. So eventually I took it out. I always just soak the greens in water before feeding. It seems to be enough

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea they do have a hard time seing still water i actually thing thats how they sorta get used to water in the wild cos they run through it without really seing in it lol my girl still dosnt go in her water bowl but shes loving the bath maybe the bowl just isnt big enough for her to reallly have fun in so she prefers the bath

Latest posts